Tranny line pressure

Started by midnight sun, December 15, 2006, 12:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midnight sun

What is the pressure like in the lines that run from the tranny to the bottom of the radiator?  I have hard lines run up to within about 6 inches of the radiator and I want to use rubber hose from there on.

TIA
How can there be "self help" groups :?:

sedanman

I don't know what the pressure is, but I have done what you are wanting to do many times without any problems. I plan to do it on the Rod I'm building now. Just my .02 cents. Tony may say different.

Vic

dragrcr50

why not run steel all the way to radiator and play it safe.  at least use hose made for atf not fuel line, it wont cut it, and will deteriate and leak when you dont want it to.. I always use an fittings and braided all the way to cooler or radiator.. just the drag racer in me i guess... my 3 cents
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

unklian

The pressure is high enough to blow the hose off,
when the crummy Tiwanese clamp that was on there
for 6 months decides to lose it's torque. :shock:  :twisted:

Luckily I was sitting at a light,when the transmission
emptied it's self on the ground. :roll:

Unfortunately,I was on my way to a job interview....

If you use decent American made clamps,you should be OK.

The stupid part is,if you can find them,the American parts
sell for the same price as the imported junk.

Dave

Instead of rubber how bout the right fittings and a couple ahort pieces of braded stainless. With the right fittings it works well Ive even got some of the hose if you need it. Just buy your fittings.
Dave
ps: speedway has a good price on that stuff thats where i got mine and I dont use the radiator cooler. I quit doing that just because its neater (at least I think it is) with a b&m mounted under the car near the tranny.

freddrew

Quote from: "midnight sun"What is the pressure like in the lines that run from the tranny to the bottom of the radiator?  I have hard lines run up to within about 6 inches of the radiator and I want to use rubber hose from there on.

TIA

If you use the rubber line that is capable of withstanding transmission fluid, flare the end of the metal line first.   The rubber line is harder to push onto the metal line, but when clamped, it  will not slide off under pressure.

FredDrew
Fred

Crosley.In.AZ

there are varibles but :

cooler lines will run 20 - 60 psi on a street tranny....

race trannys will run 100 psi
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)