Greetings from Iraq

Started by 48builder, December 09, 2006, 05:23:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rumrumm

Hope your mission to Iraq is a safe one. Take care and thanks.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

reborn55

Thanks for all you are doing.  Be safe and enjoy if you can--How about some F-16 pictures.
Merry Christmas

48builder

Quote from: "56ngirl"[
by supporting do you mean 'wrenching'?!?!?  

Yup. I work on the weapons system on the F-16. I am a "Boy from Syracuse" I do know some "Green Mountain Boys". They were here a few months ago.

This is an interesting place. I'll see if I can round up some photos. I may not be able to post them until I return though.
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

river1

thanks for your service );b(

is there anything that you or your fellow soldiers need or want?

we have a large group here who has access to everything.

let us know

jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

midnight sun

Quote from: "48builder"Hey guys,

I am here now. Been here for a week. I'm at an Army base supporting some F-16 fighters. It's not a bad place. Food is decent, weather is OK in the day and cold at night. It gets a little exciting once in a while, bit overall quiet. The only thing missing is my car to work on. I did send the rear bumpers to the chrome shop before I left and they should be done when I get home in late January. I'm also doing a lot of work in my head so that when I get home I can start right back in. I'll have 8 months to get it ready for the Burlington, VT NSRA show. Thats's my goal.

BFN

Walt

Thanks for your dedication and service.  God Bless and God's speed in returning home safely.
How can there be "self help" groups :?:

48builder

Quote from: "river1"thanks for your service );b(

is there anything that you or your fellow soldiers need or want?

we have a large group here who has access to everything.

let us know

jim

Thanks for the offer, Jim, but we are all set here. What everybody needs to do is say some prayers for the guys who are what we call "outside the fence" doing the real work. In my free time I am volunteering to help load injured guys that are stable enough to get out of here onto a plane. It is very sad. If they make it as far as where I am, they have a 97% chance of staying alive. You hear in the news every day about how many guys died, but you rarely here about the huge number of injured.

BFN

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

Haywood

Walt,

Thanks for everything you do over there! You guys are really the unsung heros of today.

If you're ever over at Camp Liberty and you see this knucklehead running around, pat him on the back and tell him his family loves him and misses him more than he'll ever know!!!!

He's my son, Private Daniel Pate, he's only been there a couple of months but it seems more like years. It really sucks you guys won't be home for the Holidays but it will make it that much more enjoyable when you come home!

Thank You soooo  much!!!!
Poor Boys  Tn

You don\'t build the car, the CAR builds you!