A Rusty update....

Started by Haywood, December 16, 2006, 09:08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haywood

Just to refresh everyone's memory one of the 46 chevies i'm working on has been lovingly dubbed "Rustasaurus"....for obvious reasons. It's being put together loosely based on what some are calling the Rudy truck. It's been more of a collection of other peoples' leftovers which wound up biting me in the end (pun intended). A friend of mine put the rolling chassis together and with me constanly bringing him different parts than what was originally talked about, we ended with a chassis that is about a foot too short. It's not a hard fix but it does reinforce that old saying "make a game plan and STICK TOO IT!" I guess that explains my new tag line. :D

Enough about my brain phart.....on with the pictures....

Here's Rusty as purchased:

A couple of good friends donated a 33 Hudson frame and 68 Mustang rearend to the project...

After a major investment in Speedway stock and another round of donated parts we have a rolling chassis...

A great deal on a running drivetrain came along and now we're just a draveshaft away from dropping the cab back on for good....

With a cut here, and a cut there, here a cut, there a cut, everywhere a cut,cut..........hey, I couldn't resist :lol: .....

After all the excitement of seeing Rusty back together again, we rolled him outside and reality set in......OOPS!!!.....at least it won't be that hard to cut the frame and add a section to lengthen the wheelbase. We'll strike this one up to a good lesson learned. Measure...measure...MEASURE....then measure again!!!!

This is NOT the look I was after but we do know what to do about it. Hopefully I'll have some updates right after the Holidays when we get him headed back in the right direction!

Stay tuned for more cuttin' and grindin' and weldin' and grindin' and Git'R Done-a-tude!   is that really a word? :roll:
Poor Boys  Tn

You don\'t build the car, the CAR builds you!

Haywood

OOPS again..... I should've posted this in member's rides.... :oops:
Poor Boys  Tn

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Haywood"OOPS again..... I should've posted this in member's rides.... :oops:

naw , posting the update  here is the ticket!

Looks like plenty of progress

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Haywood

Ok.....cool.

I posted the other truck in the member's rides section.

Thanks BTW!!
Poor Boys  Tn

purplepickup

Lots of good work done so far and it's looking good!

"......here a cut, there a cut, everywhere a cut,cut...." That's funny
George

donsrods

Actually glad you posted it here.  It is fun to see these things going together, and might have missed it in the other place.  Nice thing about this forum is other members won't jump on you for some little infraction, unlike ONE other forum I can think of.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Your rod is starting to come together, and it looks like you are overcoming some of the little setbacks, like your short frame.  Thanks for sharing.

Don

phat rat

Look on the bright side

It's a REAL SHORTBOX.
No room for a lot of luggage.
It'll turn on a dime.
Easy to park.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.