What Engine has a #5 SAE Bellhousing Pattern

Started by rooster, December 12, 2006, 05:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooster

I trying to find the type of engine that use's this pattern, its probely diesel, maybe VW! Thought Fatcat or Tony might know there way around this area.
Denny

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "rooster"I trying to find the type of engine that use's this pattern, its probely diesel, maybe VW! Thought Fatcat or Tony might know there way around this area.
Denny

I have no idea what you are talking about .

:?  :T)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Fat Cat

Quote from: "rooster"I trying to find the type of engine that use's this pattern, its probely diesel, maybe VW! Thought Fatcat or Tony might know there way around this area.
Denny

Cummins, model B3.3, four cylinder industrial engines
Some Isuzu 3 Cylinder industrial engines
Some Yanmar industrial engines

rooster

here the gen head #5 sae pattern, so I guess any industral engine adapts from there block pattern to a sae pattern needed for the fit. In this case its #5. Shown here as Part B. I think!!!!!!!!!!!!!

next picture shows end of rotor and it looks like it mates up to Part A (flexplate)?

rooster

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

rooster

The gen head is 6KW, 1800 RPM's, has 120 and 220 V !  The gen head rotor is not supported in what you see, the engine does that, the one seen is Kobota, but it could be any industral eng that adapts to sae#5.

Heres the rotor:

rooster

Now I need to find a way to support and turn this Gen head. If you were to use all the 6000 watts avaible you would need around 16 hp. I have a 11hp gas engine but it was made before there was any kind of sae standard and will not couple up and wouldent meet the 1600 rmp requirement, Jackshaft would have to be made to bump the rpm's. Will be looking for a adapter to fit up to the housing and figure something from there. Could may find a small used engine out of something . I need to do some snopping around.
Later
Denny

rooster

Quote from: "Fat Cat"
Denny

Cummins, model B3.3, four cylinder industrial engines
Some Isuzu 3 Cylinder industrial engines
Some Yanmar industrial engines

FatCat can you tell me if industral engines, gas or diesel, use a larger flywheel than the reg auto type.  I now understand the Sae configuration for the bell housing, but a reg flywheel looks like it would not have enough reach. Im going to pick them up in central Wis this weekend, I will be near Bob K turff. Cant find anything on e-bay at this time, and I dont think yunk yards have much of this industral stuff up for grabs. Ill know more when I get them home. Here is a picture of a sae #5 bellhousing mounted to a vw diesel.
TIA
Denny

Crosley.In.AZ

I learn something new  every day....... then I forget  3 things.

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)