Alan Grove mounting pieces

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, April 17, 2004, 07:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I've used both mountings, left and right, didn't see much difference.

I've also used dual belts to stop squealing when belt contact was marginal, using two groove pulleys.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Jbird

I used Alan grove brackets to mount all the spinny things on the 502. Everything fit real nice and the price was good, a bit over $200 for the A/C, Alt & P/S pump. I used Bills stuff for a low left side Alt mount on Ugbugly, chrome and pricey. I had a squealing problem too but it was coming from the rear and proved to be directly related to throttle position, clutch engagement and tire contact patch.
Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

Charlie Chops 1940

I used a set  of AG's on the ZZ4 install last year for the '40 Chaev. Good fit with minimal fiddle work - I think I had to make one spacer that was missing, but otherwise great, Very solid, well thought out brackets.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"Enjenjo's dual belt comment got me thinking....

I am cleaning out stuff in my shop. It is time to get rid of stuff I have not used in 10 years or longer...

I found a double groove pulley for the water pump.

I cannot find a dual belt pulley for the altenator.  Anybody seen these  for sale?

I know I can buy the lower dual pulleys for a short water pump which is on the car now.

what kinda alt are ya using?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

enjenjo

QuoteI cannot find a dual belt pulley for the altenator. Anybody seen these for sale?

They were used on Buicks and Caddys for several years in the 70's.  You have an auto electric shop nearby, they usually have one laying around.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Sean

Quote from: "enjenjo"
I've also used dual belts to stop squealing when belt contact was marginal, using two groove pulleys.

I used the two-groove crank and waterpump pulleys with a capture belt. Actually, the wp pulley has three grooves but I don't know what it came off of originally.