O/T Well Kids good news and bad

Started by Dave, November 08, 2006, 06:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayvyn

Quote from: "jusjunk"The good news is I finally got my desk top machine back up and running and got my internet all fixed and ive still got some gin and 30 bucks in my pocket... Life is good!!!!
Dave

You think you had computer problems?

NASA only has a launch window of 4 possible dates for the next shuttle mission from Thursday night until Dec. 20th, because the main computers
in the orbiter don't have the capabilities to make the change over from 2006 to 2007 at midnight on the 31st. Their on-board computers are not advanced enough to run even Windows 95. Scary, isn't it?

And here I am at work connected to a T-1 fibre-optic line.

I wonder if Lee will let me park on his grass when I drive over to see the launch thurday evening... :shock:  :?:  :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Carps

Dave, having been to the edge, I can relate to your story.  I'm luck that my boss is very udnerstanding and caring.  

On the other hand, if I wasn always so slow to respond, I'd have been the first one to advise you to take the course of action you've chosen.

Man number one comes first coz you're no good to your family when you're gone and the last thing you need in your life right now is some moron of a boss who's just going to drive you back where you don't need to be.

Congrats on your choice and good luck with your new life.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Crosley.In.AZ

I've dealt with a few folks over the years ( at work) that will use every word & letter to their advantage...... if you know what I mean

!
:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Dave

Yup you guys are right but I just keep hoping I can hang in here for a couple more years to get a little better off financially then split. Im sure it aint gonna be easy for a 55 year old like me to get another really good job. I could be wrong but as I see it the majority of business now are all  :lol:  about younger people and money. My cousin boss back staber has left me aloine since yesterday. He did try to say good morning today but that has nothing to do with wok sooooooooo. :lol: This guy is the same age as me and trys to talk to me like he is my father :?:  :lol: He isnt smart enuff to realize he aint going anywhere with his crummy attitude and makeing people feel like 2 year olds. Oh well ill know more after tax time if im still here. I gotta get some stuff straight then look long and hard at my assets. Ive worked pretty hard all my like and i just want to retire soon and not have e hastle. Well  gotta go to work and  program my machine. Remember yesterdays comment ( david do you feel comfotable programming that machine :?:  :!: ) Told sue hey push the green button and see what happens :!:  Scares the hell outta me but i did it myself  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :wink:
Still got all my fingers too
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Rayvyn

Quote from: "jusjunk"

Just be careful about recording someone to use it against them. It may comeback to haunt you big time. It's illegal to record someone without their knowledge, and if he's the P@#$K you say he is, he would most likely use it against you to have you fired.
Write down what he says, right in front of him. That way he knows, and there's no dispute, and if he knows you're keeping notes, he may change what he says and quit lying.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Dave

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "jusjunk"

Just be careful about recording someone to use it against them. It may comeback to haunt you big time. It's illegal to record someone without their knowledge, and if he's the P@#$K you say he is, he would most likely use it against you to have you fired.
Write down what he says, right in front of him. That way he knows, and there's no dispute, and if he knows you're keeping notes, he may change what he says and quit lying.

Got ya..
My pencil is sharp........ :lol:
Dave

rumrumm

Rayvyn's right. Recording someone without their permission is illegal, but you can document things by writing down notes regarding your conversations by date and citing what he said to you. That way, you will have a legal paper trail for charges of discrimination and harassment should you care to go above his head or litigate.  The other thing you should be aware of are witnesses in your behalf. Has he done this with others? Have others overheard his conversations with you? Then you would have corroboration. It sounds like this * is in need of a comeuppance from higher management.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com