Vintage Photo Wall Mural

Started by 40, December 07, 2006, 10:47:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just got the proof back for the wall mural I'm having made.It will be about 8'X10',is printed on a heavy canvas like material and hangs from the ceiling or wall with a couple of hooks.I think it will look pretty cool displayed with a couple of my old vintage pumps if I ever get them restored.It will eventually hang on a wall in the office when I get my new shop built.Until then,I'll either hang it in my shop or perhaps since I was sharp enough to include the wifes car in the photo.....She'll let me hang it in the den!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

alchevy

I have been seeing those at a couple of events, they look sharp.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

rooster

Is this all 1 piece or a few that fit togther like wall paper. Looks very good for picture that large. It would take alot of talking to get it hung up in the living room though.

Mikej

Denise's car didn't get top billing, I doubt if it gets in the house. Looks good. I don't know how you missed my car seems as its a regular at the gas station. :lol:

Denny....It's one large piece of canvas type material,has a stiff rod of sorts thru the top,hangs from a couple of brackets/hooks either from the ceiling or the wall.

Mike....You're probably right although the lower level of the house is supposed to be my territory.I suppose you like this version better  :roll: ........she certainly does!!

Rayvyn

What are the minimum requirements, megapixel wise, that can be used for this photo to be blown up with that type of clarity?

Looks cool... :!:  :!:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Bryan....This particular company has many "stock" photos that are blown up to mural size....in my case,about 8'X10'.I then just sent them a couple of regular size photos of both cars and they resized the photos and incorporated them into the mural.The ones I have seen that they did were very clear.You can check them out at  www.garagescenes.com .If I had been thinking,I'd have shot the photos with both grandkids in the cars...that would have really made it cool..... The high today was about +7 with the wind chill well below zero and snow.....It's not likely I'll have the cars out anytime soon so I'll have to go with the current photo.I KNOW you wish you had weather like ours :P