A Ford in a Ford?

Started by Carnut, November 30, 2006, 07:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac

Yeah, but it appears to be disguised in a Chevy color 8)
Who\'s yer Data?

phat rat

Quote from: "Mac"Yeah, but it appears to be disguised in a Chevy color 8)

what about a Chev disguised as a Ford. Must have been some cost to have those covers made
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

kb426

I suppose my Ford in a Chevy is inapropriate for this topic?
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

I'll raise you guys one chevy motor in a Dodge
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

Oh yeah...that new rear distributor, ramshorn exhaust Ford motor. bet it sounds like a SBC....

Pep

I think he has acheived the desired reaction...well done :wink:
See Ya
Pep

Learpilot

I have a Chevy motor in my 36 Dodge !

GPster

This would be a chance to tell you about a similar disquise I saw recently at a local car show. It was a very cool "shot" at a "Rat Rod" truck. When everyone is talking about extended cabs this one was a Model A coupe thats body stopped and wrapped around at the rear window line. I took a minute to recognise the motor and even longer to describe to the people that were walking along with me. It had headers on it (unfendered) that had 4 pipes coming down from each head but one of the pipes wasn't bolted to a port, it was just laying there to make you think it was doing something. It was a 90 degree V6! It also had a pair of corvette finned valve covers on it but they had been shortened in length so that the letters "Vette" remained. Looking around to the back of the cab it was aparent that he had done a lot of work there because if I remember correctly the coupe body line had an arch to it that followed That arch that the top of the trunk lid had. The body line on his went straight from side-to-side and better followed the line that the front of the bed (also homemade) made. The roof of the coupe/cab had been chopped but the back window had stayed it's original size and was positioned so there wern't as many blind spots from this chopped channeled sectioned cab. The owner/builder was standing around indiscrimately listened to my pointing out all the fine points. He introduced himself and told me I had missed one. He took me around and showed me the tailgate. It had the traditional FORD Oval with TONKA stamped in it in the appropriate size and style of letters. I don't think he had entered the show for any reason than to have a decent parking place. GPster

junkyardjeff

Does anyone know if those adaptors to put ford valve covers on a chevy are reversable as I would like to put finned aluminum corvette valve covers on the 302 ford I will be putting in my 37 chevy p/u.  Jeff

Carps

When the engine in my '33 was just a common old Holden, everybody sneered or asked, "Why?"

Since I started telling folks it's a Buick, they just say "Cool".

Man hot rooders are a fickle bunch.   :roll:    :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Uncle Bob

A couple years ago at a GG event a buddy of mine had the hood open on his '40 sedan.  He'd done the not too uncommon mod of putting Olds covers on a sbc, but went the extra foot of painting it in Olds green and using an Olds air cleaner.  He has an uncanny knack for making swapped engines look mostly "factory".  The kicker was one of the many folks who looked in there that complimented him on not using one of those "cookie cutter" Chevs.  The guy was wearing an Oldsmobile Club of America jacket!! :lol:

This past year he had his '36 3 window done up with 368 Lincoln covers and an old air cleaner housing (Buick I think), done in the Lincoln blue........similar results, but no jacketed "expert".
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

junkyardjeff

I replaced the Y block in my 55 ford with a 351-W and I put the original valve cover stickers on it and used a original aircleaner plus painted it the original color scheme,I had a few thinking it was still a Y block even though the distributor is not in the same location and there is a alternator on it.  I did not want any shinney parts on the motor since I was planning on running the original small hubcaps and steel wheels but I have now put on aluminum wheels and I am thining about finned aluminum valve covers and aircleaner after next summer is over.  Jeff