Crash!!!

Started by Slick 50, November 27, 2006, 06:45:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slick 50

Yesterday, while driving home from the Turkey Run in Daytona, Vicki was squeezed into the side of a motorhome by someone who couldn't decide whether they wanted to drive in the median or the roadway. Her truck sustained some damage to the right side fenders and the tilt front end. The state trooper wrote the report as "not at fault" which will help, but she is heartbroken that she crashed her truck. Fortunately there were no injuries, so all is well in that respect.

I guess we'll see how Hagerty operates.

This was our first visit to Daytona, and we had a great time otherwise. We met Lee (Grandadeo), but didn't see Bryan.
Ken    8)
aka Slick 50

Dave

Quote from: "Slick 50"Yesterday, while driving home from the Turkey Run in Daytona, Vicki was squeezed into the side of a motorhome by someone who couldn't decide whether they wanted to drive in the median or the roadway. Her truck sustained some damage to the right side fenders and the tilt front end. The state trooper wrote the report as "not at fault" which will help, but she is heartbroken that she crashed her truck. Fortunately there were no injuries, so all is well in that respect.

This was our first visit to Daytona, and we had a great time otherwise. We met Lee (Grandadeo), but didn't see Bryan.

That sucks. Im glad she is ok. I have a friend that had an accident and had hagerty and he loved em.. Hopefully it will go well for you.
Dave :arrow:

Charlie Chops 1940

Glad Vicki is OK.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

purplepickup

It's that time of year again..... the annual migration of elderly snowbirds :wink:

Glad to hear Vicki wasn't hurt.  The truck can be fixed but it's still a bummer. :(
George

Sorry to hear the bad news Ken.....Glad Vicki is OK....Bet she's still cussing that fool  :shock: I'll be interested to hear of your dealings with Hagerty as I have them for my carrier as well.Good Luck!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

enjenjo

Sorry to hear about this Ken. I know how long she waited to get that truck.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Slick 50"Yesterday, while driving home from the Turkey Run in Daytona, Vicki was squeezed into the side of a motorhome by someone who couldn't decide whether they wanted to drive in the median or the roadway. Her truck sustained some damage to the right side fenders and the tilt front end. The state trooper wrote the report as "not at fault" which will help, but she is heartbroken that she crashed her truck. Fortunately there were no injuries, so all is well in that respect.

I'm glad to see that Vicky wasn't hurt. Sorry to hear about the truck.

I never made it over to see Lee. I got off work at 6:00am that Friday and ran over there for a few hours, just in time to get home and go back to work. I had to scrounge in a decidedly hurried fashion. Sorry for missing yuns. You still thinking about heading this way over the winter.?
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Grandadeo

Ken, It was great meeting you and Vicki.  And as everyone else has said, sorry about the crash.  My running buddy had the same thing happen to him in his deuce hiboy coming back from Charlotte GoodGuys.  I-95 is getting to be a dangerous road, especially this time of year.  I saw at least two crashes on my way home Saturday night and my wife saw a black coupe with the side wiped and the hood laying on the ground on her way up Friday.  Glad you guys ar OK.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

bombcan

Ken,
dropped in to check out things (email I got this morning,LOL) and read this thread.  Very sorry to read about the accident, but glad the wife's going to be OK.

Rob & Debbie
Waynesboro GA

enjenjo

Getting any where with repairs Ken?

Slick 50

Quote from: "enjenjo"Getting any where with repairs Ken?

I met with the Hagerty adjuster at the body shop where the work will be done on Friday afternoon. They both Took lots of notes and are working up the estimates. There was more damage under the hood than I thought. The radiator & fan brackets were torn loose and the A/C condenser was damaged. It appears the tilt hinges were bent, but maybe not. It also looks as though the whole cab and front end will need painted so as to make the clear coat work. (What do I know?) That, and at least 1/2 of the bed, assuming he can find a good stopping point.

The Hagerty guy was reassuring so I don't expect any problems.

The first step is to get the actuators, so the front end can be realigned.
Ken    8)
aka Slick 50

enjenjo

QuoteThe first step is to get the actuators, so the front end can be realigned

You find a source yet?

Slick 50

You find a source yet?[/quote]

I did but no return calls yet. I just called another place here in town. Same story, "I'll call Danaher Motion and get back to you with price and availability".
Ken    8)
aka Slick 50