Jasper, TX

Started by alchevy, November 15, 2006, 04:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

Hey Benny (Dusty),
Have you ever been to the rod run put on by the Lakes Area Cruisers in Jasper, TX? Maybe next year I'll make it down there. Those guys come up to Crossett, Arkansas to the rod run there each year and pass out flyers and it sounds like a good one. I posted the info on the calendar, it is this weekend.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Dusty

Al...Been there for the last few years...Last year wasn't as good as it has been, but I think Rita had alot to do with it...They usually have several hundred show up.  They have it well organized....I haven't heard from Chris...How's his car coming along???  The web site kinda died on the progress.
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

alchevy

Chris is fixing to retire and move back to Alabama last time I talked to him. He was hoping that his car would be back home before he moved. I did notice where they updated the pictures last on Nov 10th. When I talked to him last, he said that he had taken the motor to them so that they could work out the hood (which way to hinge it). http://www.srbymichael.com/construction/schultz/schultz.shtml
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Dusty

Thanks for the update Al....I think Chris said he still has several projects in Ala that he and his Dad had bought up years ago...I hope to see you in Jasper....Let me know when you are coming...I'm only 50 miles south of Jasper....
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas

alchevy

I will make plans to do that one in '07. I don't get flyers for it until the first weekend on November each year. If you get one before that, let me know and I'll see about getting a copy from you.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

Dusty

Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas