What year is this from?

Started by n.c.rodder, November 12, 2006, 08:08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

n.c.rodder

Ok guys, I bought this off Ebay a couple of years ago. Was told it was for a 39 Chevy, which its not. Any way I want to sell it, but would like to know what year it is exactly. I know somebody out here knows what it fits. :?

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

Rayvyn

Quote from: "n.c.rodder"Ok guys, I bought this off Ebay a couple of years ago. Was told it was for a 39 Chevy, which its not. Any way I want to sell it, but would like to know what year it is exactly. I know somebody out here knows what it fits. :?

Mike

Looks like a chevron design in the handle, similar to 1940 Ford tail lights. Maybe a '40? I'm guessing though...
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

n.c.rodder

Alright time to bring this back to the top. You mean to tell me over 150 people have looked at this and NOBODY!! :(  :?  :?  knows what it fits???? :roll:  :roll:

phat rat

How about a different pic showing the side. Maybe I just have no imagination but what the heck is it supposed to be?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

purplepickup

Quote from: "phat rat"How about a different pic showing the side. Maybe I just have no imagination but what the heck is it supposed to be?
It's a door handle Jack.  See the keys sticking in the lock at the top of the picture.  I don't know what year tho. :?
George

enjenjo

My guess is a trunk handle, probably GM. Can we see the other side?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "phat rat"How about a different pic showing the side. Maybe I just have no imagination but what the heck is it supposed to be?
It's a door handle Jack.  See the keys sticking in the lock at the top of the picture.  I don't know what year tho. :?

DUH!! yea I do, now! :oops:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Charlie Chops 1940

Mike,

Looks like a '40 Chevy to me. Give me a measurement end-to-end on the outside and from the lock face to the end of the shaft and I'll compare to a couple I have.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

n.c.rodder

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Mike,

Looks like a '40 Chevy to me. Give me a measurement end-to-end on the outside and from the lock face to the end of the shaft and I'll compare to a couple I have.

Charlie

From end to end it measures 4 1/2" and from face to shaft end is 4 1/4"
Heres a side view. I was told it was a trunk handle for a 39 Chevy, but its definetely not the same as what I have on there right now.

Charlie Chops 1940

Not a '40 door handle - too small in bothy dimensions and the two V's on the face is wrong.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

58 Yeoman

It looks just like the one on my 41 Pontiac, so George has it right.  I've got a replacement that I bought for the car, that doesn't match; my new one is for series 24 & 29, mine is a series 26.

The handle in my pic is for 41 Buick all; 42 to 48 Buick, series 40, 60, 90; and the aforementioned Pontiacs.  The chrome part is about 5 1/4" long.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

n.c.rodder

Quote from: "purplepickup"'41-'42 Pontiac trunk handle?

Thats the ticket!!! Thanks George :D  :D

I knew someone, somewhere would know what it was for. That would explain why I couldn't seam to match it up with any of the Chevys :roll:

Mike

George is one of the RRT's best detectives! :P
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"