There B go dah neighborhood -- Pitchers of Cars, etc.

Started by RottenRodney, February 12, 2007, 02:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

39deluxe

No. She's a 1984. The warranty is up too but I still keep her running well. Besides, she has a good job.

Tom

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "39deluxe"Ever since I first read this thread I have been trying to think of ways to get my wife to work in the shop at night. Anyone have any suggestions?

Get a couple High School / College cuties to come help you :D

that'll get the Mrs. out there in a hurry.  :shock:

just don't go ta sleep first fer a while tho.................. 8)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

39deluxe

I think that plan would be hazardous to my health in more ways than one.

RottenRodney

'Zitt 'bout time for an update yet?  How yawl been doin?  

Eye got my glasses on today so maybe I can git through this without the obnoxious bold print this time.  Here's a sneaky-peeky at some more stuff:

Cain't help but love them ol' Model Ts.  This one's a little more 'hot rod' than the last one we showed yawl.

It's time to make this wrong right as well.  I've got a lotta unfinished projects hangin' out waitin' for me to come crawlin' back to them.  To give yawl an idea how long ago these primer mock-up shots were taken: check out the lacquer primer and lacquer glazin' putty.  Painters these days don't use much of that stuff -- heck, it's not even legal here anymore even if we could git it.

Above: Here she is after a solid fifteen years in a hot/cold railroad container.  The ol' acrylic enamel over lacquer primer held up * -- no crackage, no shrinkage, nuthin' like that.  Truth is about the ol' materials: they used to work just fine as long as we didn't abuse 'em by askin' to much of 'em.  Does Carl still hang out here?  I'm thinkin' he'd prolly back me up on that last statement if he were here.

The speedster is gittin' done now.  We wanna drive the poop out of 'er and I'd rilly like to make it to the next Forever Four hill climb.

Are bikes okay here?

DRD found a source for bolt-on 6.5 HP crate-motors.  

Wunder if he'll come see me in the hospital...   :roll:

That's prolly 'bout enough for now, ain't it?  Oh wait; here's somethin' we're doin' at work:

There's a lot goin' on here.  Maybe someone'll wanna show it to yawl in detail one day.  We're gittin' real close.  At the time of this postage; it's in the care and custody of one Mr Ron Mangus for a matchin' two-tone vinal tuck 'N' roll job.  While that's goin' on, I'm paintin' fenders 'bout as fast as I can.  

Remember when I couldn't figger out how to make the roll-up/roll-down back-glass work?

You guys helped me with that.  Thanks!  Ketchup with yawl later...

RR

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Crosley.In.AZ

ol mini bike built with the common theme.... bigger displacement  is better

A fellow I grew up with installed one of those 2 stroke racing go kart engines on his mini bike back in the 1970s.

It was a turd till you got up on the pipe with some RPM.... then JHC it ran fast !
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)