Power glide goes boom

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, November 11, 2006, 08:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

trans blew up with NO shield on it.  

Driver was not hurt during the test of the trans brake in his garage .

Finger on the trans-brake button , slipped off at near 6k RPM. Car was on jack stands.  

Direct drum inside the trans blew apart.  Blew windshield out , cut frame tubes in half.

How the parts missed his legs is any ones guess.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Leon

I had a flywheel explode on a launch years ago and it missed the legs by inches.  After we fixed the damage and put in an approved bellhousing the guy that owned it wouldn't get in the car so he sold it to me.  Wish I still had that car, a 65 K code convertible.

dragrcr50

THAT IS WHY I HAVE A SHEILD AND NEW BLANKET FOR MY GLIDE IN MY NEW VICKY RACE CAR... I HAVE SEEN ONE DO THAT IN THE BURN OUT BOX, NOT PRETTY. AND A TORQUEFLITE IS WORSE , ONE OF THOSE BLEW UP AT THE AHRA REUNION RACE AT MOKAN A COUPLE MONTHS AGO  TOOK OUT THE WINDSHEILD ETC AND AGAIN A LUCKY LADY DRIVER WITH ONLY A CUT ON THE LEG...
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

SKR8PN

:shock:  :shock: That is why I put a billet steel front drum,a bolt in super sprag, AND a blanket on my 727 with a brake. 8)
I may be dumb,but I ain't stupid :lol:  :lol:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.