mopar 4 speed help?

Started by tomslik, November 12, 2006, 03:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomslik

got an OD 4speed w/the extension housing that looks like it'll work for a 73 challenger and a 833 4 speed with a b body only extension housing.
what's the chances of doing the swap?
don't ask why i'm not gonna put a od 4 speed in it.....but if this works out, i'll have a nice od 4 speed for sale...

any mopar guys here?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

SKR8PN

It should fit OK(not to sure about output shaft diameters)but just incase it doesn't.....is there any chance you can just modify just the mount on the E body so you could use the B body extension housing???????
I KNOW you don't wanna take a chance on ruining a good E body crossmember.....but the mount itself might be doable........
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

tomslik

AFTER i figured out the whole * thing has to come apart(well, you don't have to take the mainshaft apart) the extension housing'll interchange.
a couple of gasket sets and i'm good to go...

btw, the problem is there's no place to bolt a shifter on the b-body x housing....no bosses or nothing.

as afr as thr crossmember, if i HAVE to, i'll just build one, this ISN'T a "correct numbers" type of thing...but he (customer) does want the pistol-grip shifter...and that'll be the next thing
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list