O/t killing pine trees.

Started by Dave, October 19, 2006, 04:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Dont know if anyone remembers when the top of the neighbors pine tree fell across all 3 of my vehicles in the driveway but now ive got this reocuring problem with pine needles and junk all over my daily drivers. Any one know how to kill em with out the neighbors seeing me  :lol:  :lol: Gotta run need to get the truck cleaned off.
Dave

jaybee

If I remember correctly some guy on TV used to say "some parts are edible."   :P
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

58 Yeoman

I've heard that driving a copper nail into a tree will kill it....but, you didn't hear it from me. :wink:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

purplepickup

My yard is full of white pines....at least 30 of them.  They're the ones that drop their yellow needles in the fall.  I love sitting out on the porch listening to the wind whistle thru them.  For me, a couple of weeks of cleaning up needles is worth living in the middle of them.  But then I'm doing it by choice and you're doing it cuz your neighbor wants the tree.  They do get stuck under your windshield wipers.

I used to live on a lake with neighbors real close like you.  I don't play well with others...that's why I moved where I don't have to deal with close neighbors.  

By the way, those pines are pretty hard to kill. :(D)
George

phat rat

One sure way is use a chainsaw, course it's kind of hard to do it secretly and you might be the first one your neighbor would suspect. Plead self defence. You could say you were afraid you were next being that it had already gotten your cars. LOL
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

EMSjunkie

sounds like a trip to the local lawn and garden store is in order.
them folks are a plethora of info 'bout gettin' rid of unwanted plants, shrubs, and trees. :wink:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

butch27

Get some root killer with copper in it (yellow plastic bottle) put a wood bit on your drill and drill a hole about 3/4"  drop in the pellets and cove the hole with dirt.  The rain will do the rest.  Sounds like I've done this before.

2rods

Drill a hole in truck and inject roundup

TJ's Dad

I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

Dave

Quote from: "TJ's Dad"There's a good chance you'll find the answer here ......

http://rotteneggs.com/r3/show/se/800-show-33.html

Didnt find a thing but the scenery is nice !
Dave :wink:  :!:  :idea:  :arrow:

ps: I cleaned them dam needles off my truck again tonite. I think its done I just gotta get time to buy gas for the chain saw :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Crosley.In.AZ

use chain saw to carve a tunnel through the tree like in the national forest
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

flt-blk

How about a new carport, it will protect from the sun too.
Philosophy of hot rods
The welder is the Yin and the Grinder is the Yang

Dave

Quote from: "flt-blk"How about a new carport, it will protect from the sun too.
:lol: Cant its right next to my garage..Dont worry i decided im going to try and buy it then build a woody. :lol:  :lol:
:lol: dave

Rayvyn

Quote from: "jusjunk"

ps: I cleaned them dam needles off my truck again tonite. I think its done I just gotta get time to buy gas for the chain saw :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

How about I send up a Claymoore clicker, about 100' of doorbell wire, 2 electric caps and some shape charge, ribbon style... :?:

Just put it around the tree inside out on a circular angle so it blows in, and that PIA pine will fall to the high side direction every time... :twisted:

Shears those suckers off nice and clean so you can put up a birdbath for the little woman... :idea:  :lol:

Learned that from a couple of those beret wearin' engineer guys in the Army a few years back... 8)  :D

Or else recruit someone's ex-wife to nag the thing to death, but that's cruel, even for a tree... :cry:

Or go to Wal-Mart and get a car cover, but that's like letting the tree win the battle... :?

My 2c worth anyway... :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Mr Cool

Quote from: "Rayvyn"How about I send up a Claymoore clicker, about 100' of doorbell wire, 2 electric caps and some shape charge, ribbon style... :?:

Just put it around the tree inside out on a circular angle so it blows in, and that PIA pine will fall to the high side direction every time... :twisted:

Shears those suckers off nice and clean so you can put up a birdbath for the little woman... :idea:  :lol:
One of my customers does that stuff for a living, mostly holes for swimming pools, but often for tree and stump removal. I can tell you it looks great too  :D  Instant match sticks :wink:
The funniest thing is when he has to clear a dam. While the mud is still soft with minimal water in it, he places a few charges and kaboom. Its now a few feet deeper, all the silt is gone and the dam is nice and clean again. * goes everywhere and thats great to watch too. :D
Im nobody, right?
And dont forget, nobody\'s perfect.