Anybody watch OverHaulin'?

Started by Mac, April 14, 2004, 10:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac

A new show on TLC channel. It was sort of a "While You Were Out" with a pick up truck. The show in general was ...eh, alright but the cool part was Mike Lavelee (sp?) layin' on his awesome photo-realistic flames.

Jack
Who\'s yer Data?

OlBuzzard

Yeah, I watched it and those flames were incredible!  Even my wife liked them!!!

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

HotRodLadyCrusr

I did watch it as I was scrapbooking last nite. Very unusual that I'm home before 9:30-10pm on a Tuesday nite, so I was really looking forward to watching this program for the first time. I enjoyed it for what it was. A group of folks doing a good deed for a well deserving kid. There wasn't a whole lot of footage showing alot of fabracating and stuff but I found the little bit they showed on how the guy did those flames very interesting. And I'm always amazed at Chip Foose's visions. I think the crew did an awesome job transforming a very bland truck into the kids style of cool.

I believe this type of show is a really positive type of show for young people to watch. People getting together and doing good for others. I'll watch again if I'm able.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

purplepickup

They definitely changed that kid's stock pickup into something cool.  It didn't look like the kid was all that excited about it tho.  He was happy but if that had been one of my cars, I'd have flipped out to have Chiip Foose do a makeover with Mike Lavallee flames.  I don't think the kid knew who Chip was or the value of the really cool parts they put on the truck.

I do like the way Lavallee paints those flames.  He didn't show as much of his technique as I'd hoped but the way he used that cardboard piece with the curves in it was interesting.
George

rumrumm

I also thought it was pretty cool what they did with that truck. But I really object to how cruel they were in making him think his beloved ride had been stolen. They put him through a lot of angst.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Jbird

Quote from: "river1"http://killerpaint.com/

to see more on the flames

later jim

What a cool website. Thanks Jim.
Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

unklian

Quote from: "rumrumm"But I really object to how cruel they were in making him think his beloved ride had been stolen. They put him through a lot of angst.

To me,that undermined the credibility of the whole show.

I hope it gets better.Soon.

mrloboy

I really enjoyed the show as compared to the other "reality auto shows". Chip Foose is an extremely talented designer and the crew on "Overhaulin" was much more believable than their rivals at "American Hot Rod"

On Wednesday morning following the original airing of the show, a customer of mine called to change his plans on his current project to include a flame job as per the Lavallee design. It is fitting as the original vehicle is a 1928 REO Speedwagon Firetruck. The concept is a big order to fill, but the graphics painter I have is willing to give it a try. We are about a half-year away from paint on the project, so that will give him some time to practice! The work he does now on custom Harleys is fantasic, I know he can pull it off on the REO project. I will post some pics, once they are done!

Denise. I couldn't agree more! The young people involve in this lifestyle should see more of this influence, rather than the petty bickering as portrayed at Orange County Choppers or Coddington's Nursery School!

Just my opinion! .....Rick