Ok were stalled out!

Started by Dave, October 13, 2006, 06:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

As far as working on the new roadster. Im at a point on the build that ive got to decide what parts I need next to keep going. Of course its also bow season here in michigan and ive only been out to the woods once so im gonna make up for that this weekend. Looks like tomorrow afternoon will be good and sunday. Back to the car. Ive spent a lot of time looking at it  :lol: And a bit of time working on it. It looks like all a money deal for a while here. I need parts to work and thats that :!:  I think I can drop about 700 next week if the deal ive got going comes thru but I could easily increase that to 1200 and some change and have everything cept the running gear. Its not a problem im just cheap..Dam I need wheels and tires too :cry:  Mo MOney........... Hum maybe i should buy a keyboard for this puker so the shift key wont stick anymore. :lol:  :lol:  Anyway im not quitting I just need parts and the ambition to do this :wink:  Ive got some ideas for this one but they are pretty straight forward and simple. If any of you guys got ideas for 32 roadsters chime in im open for different ideas (yours or some you have seen) I will tell you this. Ive always loved the front and rear frame horns on 32 fords so im keeping them.
Dave :)  :!:

donsrods

Me too, Dave. I think the horns make the '32.

What theme are you going to follow on this one?  Traditional, more modern?

That will dictate what parts go on it. ie, you wouldn't want 33 inch Mickeys on a traditional rod.  What kind of car do you want this to be?

Don

Dave

Quote from: "donsrods"Me too, Dave. I think the horns make the '32.

What theme are you going to follow on this one?  Traditional, more modern?

I havent figured that out yet. I kinda did my coupe old school new school I like to call it

That will dictate what parts go on it. ie, you wouldn't want 33 inch Mickeys on a traditional rod.  What kind of car do you want this to be?

No 33 inch micjkeys for me .. I never thought they looked right unless the car was tubbed and thats a * to drive. I like an 8 or 10 inch rim with 285 70 15's on the rear. Plenty tall and not too wide..

Don

So to answer your question again DUH I DUNNO  :wink:
Dave :!:  :idea:  :arrow:

Dave

The next stage.............. Im currently working with a vendor on the HAMB board who says he can get me free shipping (but they have it now till jan) from speedway and a discount to boot. Im looking at 1k to 1200.00 in parts to keep moving along. If all goes well id like to order tomorrow (monday) and have something to work with next week. Ill give this guy a couple days and if I dont get a reply ill just go right to speedway. Im hoping to move the coupe to grandmas this week and I wanted to do it today but we got a kid and grandkid in town so that didnt happen. I need the room in the garage so I can throw stuff around :lol:  Ya building is fun 8) ......... Im going bow hunting.........
Later
Dave

GPster

Quote from: "N8DC"The next stage..............  Im going bow hunting.........
LaterDave
At 2:20PM on Sunday afternoon? Do you live in one of those cities that won't allow the sale of beer until 1:00pm on Sunday? You find an engine and tranny yet? GPster

Dave

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "N8DC"The next stage..............  Im going bow hunting.........
LaterDave
At 2:20PM on Sunday afternoon? Do you live in one of those cities that won't allow the sale of beer until 1:00pm on Sunday? You find an engine and tranny yet? GPster

Dont worry Joe I got liquor and i dont care when they sell it :!:  Nope no engine or( trans )yet. I like that better than tranny ? You talk like that and some one could get the wrong idea about you :!:  :lol:  Hey I chased a deer all around the hay field even flung an arrow at it :lol:  :lol:  Missed :cry:  :cry: But got my arrow back  :D  :D
Dave
ps: got the coupe over to grandmas and got 2 tree stands fixed before I actually went hunting.. Gotta go im parched........... :!:  :idea:  :arrow:

slocrow

Quote from: "N8DC"got the coupe over to grandmas and got 2 tree stands fixed
Wow, you've got an early start on Christmas. I see you've already been to Grandmas and with two tree stands you can put one in the family room and one on the porch.............. :lol: .Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

C9

No 33 inch micjkeys for me .. I never thought they looked right unless the car was tubbed and thats a * to drive. I like an 8 or 10 inch rim with 285 70 15's on the rear. Plenty tall and not too wide..

Are you running the 285/70R-15's on 8" wheels on the back of your roadster?
If so, about a 3" backspace?

Kinda hard to see the black tire against the black body, but it looks like the tire fits the fender ok.

I have an old roll-around pair of 285's on 10" wide, 2 7/8" backspace slot mags, but they won't fit under the fender on my 31 roadster.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

Dave

Quote from: "C9"

Are you running the 285/70R-15's on 8" wheels on the back of your roadster?
If so, about a 3" backspace?

Kinda hard to see the black tire against the black body, but it looks like the tire fits the fender ok.

I have an old roll-around pair of 285's on 10" wide, 2 7/8" backspace slot mags, but they won't fit under the fender on my 31 roadster.

Actually the roadster has junk on it. My coupe has the 285/70's on 10 inch rims. I was told you can run em on 8's though. Ive been wanting to put salt flats on the coupe so this just might be the excuse I need to do it. I can take the 5 spokes and throw them on the roadster. Ahhh yes decisions  :lol:  I guess i just need to make sure the brake kit ive got on the roadster will work on 14 inch rims for the front. Really I need to sell all that stuff on egay and redo the spindles and brakes. Its got square back spindles with the steering arms cut off em and ce steering arms and after market brakes. I need round back spindles and the nice cast mounts :!:  Also Im gonna drill the axle. I wish if they went to all the expense to put stainless 4 bars all around they would have used a chrome at least and maybe drilled axle. I guess I should just drill mine and egay that too. Oh here we go Mo Money :!:  I ordered about 1k of parts today and got it thru a hamb vendor and although it was speedway which has free shipping on anything over 399.00 right now I also got another 100 off the top. Saving money is a good thing. This guy says he has deep discounts on american racing stuff too so im gonna get a quote on salt flats from him also.
Still stalled till i get the parts in but still having fun...........

Dave

Quote from: "slocrow"
Quote from: "N8DC"got the coupe over to grandmas and got 2 tree stands fixed
Wow, you've got an early start on Christmas. I see you've already been to Grandmas and with two tree stands you can put one in the family room and one on the porch.............. :lol: .Frank

Awwwwwwwwwww. Geeeeeeeeeeeze you need new glasses :lol:  :wink:  :!:

sirstude

Dave,

Please keep us posted on the Americans, I have been thinking along those lines for the Olds and any price break could help.  Don't do much posting on the H.A.M.B. but they do know me over there.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

C9

Fwiw, I'm running Mustang 11" discs on the 32 and a 5 1/2" x 14" as well as a 7" x 14" slot mag fits the big rotors and calipers just fine.

Same is true for the 31's Camaro 10 1/2" discs on the 31.
No probs with 7" x 14" slot mags or 5" x 15" steelie.

2 7/8" and 3" backspace depending on which wheel you're using.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

Dave

Quote from: "sirstude"Dave,

Please keep us posted on the Americans, I have been thinking along those lines for the Olds and any price break could help.  Don't do much posting on the H.A.M.B. but they do know me over there.

Doug

Will do doug. There is another guy ummmmm. Fast Lane I think it is ? He advertises in street scene and a couple other mags. They build 32's and he has a good deal on americans too but i forgot what he quoted me. I will shoot him another email when I ask Brant for his price. Im really not going to be ready for wheels anytime soon but I could always change my mind  :lol:  Its sumpin im gonna need by spring I hope. And C9 Thanks for your info too.
Its appreciated.
Dave
By the way if your on the Hamb are you an alliance member? Thats what it takes to get the discount. Ive already come out ahead and more to order so its payed for it self and looks like it will a bunch of times.