Who is going drive your rod to the bbq build ?

Started by Dave, April 12, 2004, 07:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

If I can believe the internet the weather is going to 68 and cloudy saturday. I plan on driving the 32 to franks house. Anyone else...
Dave :b-d:

purplepickup

Right now mine's up on the hoist with all my crap pushed under the hoist so I can use the rest of the shop.    I'm gonna dig it out tonight and see if it still runs.  If it does I'll probably drive it down.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed tho.  The last time I had it running last fall, it smoked real bad (white smoke) out of one bank so I've got to check out why.  It ran perfect all summer and just a few days before that.  It's the engine I put the new block in last summer.

If I don't drive it I can still follow you down in my van just if you want.
George

SKR8PN

Great!!! Looking forward to seeing it again AND meeting you.
Mine is still in pieces.......................So you have to just put up with my smiling face!
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Dave

Quote from: "purplepickup"Right now mine's up on the hoist with all my crap pushed under the hoist so I can use the rest of the shop.    I'm gonna dig it out tonight and see if it still runs.  If it does I'll probably drive it down.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed tho.  The last time I had it running last fall, it smoked real bad (white smoke) out of one bank so I've got to check out why.  It ran perfect all summer and just a few days before that.  It's the engine I put the new block in last summer.

If I don't drive it I can still follow you down in my van just if you want.

Sounds good George. What time do you figure your gonna leave and what way are you gonna go? I guess ill go down 127 from here as frank suggested although I could jog over to m52 also. I havent finialized any details with sue yet. She is going to come along also.. I need to put a few miles on the new ride so this would be a good run for it. Hopefully the wx man doesnt have his head where the sun dont shine and it will be a nice day...
Dave 8)

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "N8DC"If I can believe the internet the weather is going to 68 and cloudy saturday. I plan on driving the 32 to franks house. Anyone else...

Rob mentioned driving the Lincoln, and it appears it will be nice enough to do it!!! YEAH!!!
Cant wait to see your 32 Dave!!!!!!  :lol:

Debb

Dave

[Cant wait to see your 32 Dave!!!!!!  :lol:

Debb[/quote]

I cant wait to show it off  :lol:
I see your in Ft Wayne .. My stepdaughter lives there and I get down there quite a bit to pick up the grand daughter. They live just off the 3rd exit i think it is off 465 or what ever the number of the cut around ftw is. We may be down there soon for the pavement sprint car races at Baer Field . Ive never been to the track so were planning sumpin different.
Dave

purplepickup

Quote from: "N8DC"What time do you figure your gonna leave and what way are you gonna go? I guess ill go down 127 from here as frank suggested although I could jog over to m52 also.  Hopefully it will be a nice day...
Dave 8)
I'll probably leave the house around 7 or 7:30.  I was going to go down 69 to the toll road but if I swing by your house I'll just follow you.  You know the southeast side of the state better than me.

It's supposed to be in the 70's Saturday.  Maybe I'll ride the scooter.
George

KustomLincolnLady

It's supposed to be in the 70's Saturday.  Maybe I'll ride the scooter. [/quote]

Yeah George, do that!!!!!  I can get my ride then, :lol: break in that rear seat for ya!!!!!!!!!!!!   :P

Charlie Chops 1940

Will be there with the "It's hard to be old and ugly." convert. Needs a good airing out after the winter.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

HotRodLadyCrusr

Me and Big Olds will be there.   :wink:

If Roadstar doesn't have to go to Mansfield to pick up Race's frame he'll be coming along as well.  He's looking forward to finally being able to cruz  VooDoo Child.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Ohio Blue Tip

I'll be riding down with CC40 (Old guy in an Old rod).
Ah, free ride and free beer, life is good!  :b-d:
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

slocrow

Quote from: "N8DC"If I can believe the internet the weather is going to 68 and cloudy saturday. I plan on driving the 32 to franks house. Anyone else...

Sorry, rod is on the rack but I should be in the Vette, if I fix the fan..........
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Ohio Blue Tip

Quote from: "slocrow"Sorry, rod is on the rack but I should be in the Vette, if I fix the fan..........

As said many times, GET OFF THE COMPUTER AND GET OUT IN THE GARAGE, no excuses for a retired guy.  :twisted:  :twisted:
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

phat rat

Quote from: "slocrow"

Sorry, rod is on the rack but I should be in the Vette, if I fix the fan..........

Frank, it's now warm enough to be out in the garage. Actually anything above freezing is warm enough. So do what OBT and "GET OUT THERE".
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.