Hotrod reunion moves......

Started by slocrow, October 01, 2006, 10:06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slocrow

I see the Hotrod reunion has out grown it's space at Beechbend and will be in Columbus, Ohio next year at National Trail Raceway.
http://museum.nhra.com/apcm/templates/reunions.asp?articleid=16232&zoneid=48
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

kb426

There's several posts on the hamb about this. Seems a neighbor who is a lawyer shut the access road down.
TEAM SMART

Charlie Chops 1940

I had heard that the drive in and out was a nightmare. Never been to the Columbus strip...how is the access there? That's a meet I'd like to do next year.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Bib_Overalls

I really enjoyed th NHRR in 05 but the traffic in and out was a *.  My understanding is that one of the two entrances was accessed over a lane that crossed private property.  New owner said "No".  But even if the access problem was resolved there was the issue of motel/hotel accomodations.  The town was simply to small for the number of people the event attracted.  One of my friends stayed 50 miles out this year.  No way I am going to do that.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

papastoyss

I live about 60 miles south of Bowling Green & have been going to Beech Bend since I was a kid. It's a shame the powers that be never realized what an asset that place is & did something about access  to the site . The last two yrs I sat in line 1/1.5 hrs to get in. NHRA had a national event there called Sportsnationals in the 70's so they knew the event would probably outgrow the place. RATS, one less time I get to visit w/ Denise & Rudy.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!