Street Rodder Feature Car

Started by Grandadeo, September 23, 2006, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grandadeo

If you open the November Street Rodder to page 56 and look at the left edge of the picture you can see my '32s wheel, wide white wall, and headlight.  Oh yeah, Don jrs. cars made it into the picture too.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

alchevy

Lee, I saw Al Washburn's picture in the September issue of Street Scene receiving his award for Long Distance that you told us about. It's on page 98.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Grandadeo

That's kinda been the running joke here since we got back from the trip.  We've seen several bits and pieces of our '32s in different magazines.  But I guess Al is ahead of Tommy and I.  Of course he had to sneak off to Pueblo to do it.  If we all had gone I would have that Long Distance award, by about 30 miles.  By the way, that's Tommy's MQQN Tank and orange grille shell on page 70 (behind the yellow roadster) of the Street Rodder Mag..

Lee

donsrods

Wow. Can you autograph this picture for me?  I was wondering whose tire that was. :D  :D  :D  :D

Don

Dave

Quote from: "donsrods"Wow. Can you autograph this picture for me?  I was wondering whose tire that was. :D  :D  :D  :D

Don

Ive been famous like that a few times too. Just bits and pieces of the coupe but then one day i got lucky and got a real pic . I think that one was street rodder. I also got a pice and a nice little blurb about my headlight treatment in another magazine. can remember which mag it was but enjenjoe sent me a copy.  I also got a nice shot way back when of my 29 a tudor at the nats north in detroit in street scene . That was a shocker ..
Dave

river1

from the street rodder web site

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Grandadeo

Yup, that's my WWW, I'd know it anywhere.  Looks like they tried to crop me out of the picture, didn't want to pay any royalties I guess.  You don't suppose the focus was really on Don Jr's cars?  

Lee