The simple "stuff" gets you

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, October 18, 2006, 12:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I often use that phrase, although I do not use the "G" rated word "stuff"

Tonight Janice was helping me bolt the gas tank back into the Crosley.  Not easy as it would seem.... You need to have the filler neck on the tank as you lift the tank into position and feed the filler tube up through the body.  4 Captured bolts hang down from under the body that you slip through the brackets on the tank .

The gas tank is a custom unit I had constructed by a local tank builder about 10 years ago. It is a heavier wall steel than the OE gas tank was, that rusted out big time.

She had the nylock type nuts and washers.  It NEVER occured to me she did not know which way to thread the nylocks on...

As my arms were about to buckle from holding the tank up under the Crosley as it was up in the air on the hoist...... She got one started backwards.  I threaded on the remainder.

Completely my fault since I did not expalin the direction of the nylocks to her.

:?  :?

Now I need to find a small size  6 volt battery.  Golf cart batterys are too big to fit the spot on the Crosley
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

The shop down the road uses a transmission jack to install gas tanks. You might borrow one next time. :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

tomslik

i didn't realise a quart container could be so heavy;)

btw, cornwell make a nice adapter for your tranny jack...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

58 Yeoman

Now, he's going to need a bigger engine to pull the extra weight. :lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

phat46

Simple solution...just replace all hardware with left hand thread stuff.... :lol:

GPster

Look at batteries for lawn tractors. Just a hint. If you find one that is the right size but the terminals are reversed positive/negative see if they make the same size battery for Sears Roebuck tractors. Sears is trying to keep all of their replacements to themselves so their replacements are not dime store bought. They are a Sears or battery dealer item. GPster

Crosley.In.AZ

hmmmm, I do not own a tall tranny jack for hoist use.  I use a floor type jack I have owned for decades.  I do not R&R trannys here at home eggcept for my own cars.

Gas tank ain't that heavy till you hold it up for 3 minutes wondering WTF is wrong that a nut cannot be threaded on.  Obviously she was determined since she got one nut started backwards.   When was the last time y'all tried to start a nylock backwards and succeeded?

:shock:

Joe...... I'll look around for a battery.  Crosley is positive ground 6 volt car

:?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

purplepickup

Quote from: "Crosley"Obviously she was determined since she got one nut started backwards.    :shock:

Did she have the nut upside down too? :wink:

Sue has memorized the "Righty tighty...Lefty loosey" thing but some times she can't tell righty from lefty especially when the nut is going on from the bottom. :?
George

You're lucky she helped at all.....When I ask my wife to help for a minute in the shop...she just gives me this VERY unpleasant look  :shock:
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

EMSjunkie

When my wife comes out into the shop, lookin' like she wants to help, I give her my angle grinder, and a piece of steel of fair size, and tell her to bevel all the edges. after about 2-3 times of getting blasted with sparks, she finds something else to do.  :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"When my wife comes out into the shop, lookin' like she wants to help, I give her my angle grinder, and a piece of steel of fair size, and tell her to bevel all the edges. after about 2-3 times of getting blasted with sparks, she finds something else to do.  :lol:

Vance

Sue came out a week or so ago and started giving me hell for moving the roadster body out side by my self :?:  I walked over cause i was putting stuff away and grabbed it and rolled it in the shop :wink:  She left... :lol:  :lol:
Dave :arrow: