They don't build 'em like they used too......

Started by Sean, April 10, 2004, 09:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

Somebody emailed me these. The story said this happened on the Autobahn....

They oughta' leave it on the tree as a warning.

58 Yeoman

Before I got divorced, I lived one block away from a state highway. Here's a pic of a Monte Carlo that slid on the ice and hit a post next to the highway. The post didn't move an inch.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Back in '68  I was working for the local ford garage, and a guy missed an ess turn on the same highway with his 68 Lemans, and hit a tree. We picked up the back half of the car, from the seats rearward. The local junk yard picked up the front end, and the dash/windshield/doors on his rollback. The car had broken into three pieces, and the guy was still strapped in his shoulder belt, and walked to the ambulance.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Sean

A friend of mine was driving home Drunk one night and did the same thing. He slid off the road going around a corner about 70mph. The car hit right in the middle of the drivers door and wrapped itself around the pole about 4 feet up off the ground.

Unfortunately he was killed, but at least he didn't take anybody with him.

SKR8PN

Musta been one HECK of a stout tree that red car hit! When I see stuff like that,I am thankful I am not a fireman or a para-medic. That is the type of scene that can stay with you forever.........
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

autocol

i have a good friend that is a fireman, and i can tell ya, he has seen stuff you NEVER want to see.

just hearing about it can make you sick.

47wood

Yes, they should leave that red car there as a warning and put lights on it too!
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

47convert

Similar deal just happened here the other night - Some "great kid" driving through a residential neigbourhood hit a tree. The Mustang was so bad the cops couldn't tell if it was a coupe or a ragtop - the hood was imbedded in the tree more than 15 feet off the ground.