Progress on the 54

Started by Leon, August 04, 2006, 12:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

A month ago I decided to upgrade the running gear on the 54 Wagon so everything came apart and we built a new chassis.  The new setup has a 350 with 700R4, 9" ford rear, all new wiring, gas tank, and minor body mods.  After one month of work the body is on the new chassis, now all we have to do is everything else.....

donsrods

That stuff is too pretty to cover with a body. :D  :D

Ought to ride really well too, looks great.

Don

Normspeed

Another longroof!  Cool!

purplepickup

I've always that series of Chevy wagons and Leon you are really doing a very nice job on it....as you always do 8)  

It's going to be a great highway cruiser.
George

jaybee

Looks really nice, thanks for the pics.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Leon

Just to post the latest update - Today was the day we got it to fire!  All the fluids are hooked up and other than a tranny drain plug leak, evrything looks good.  Did the tranny pressure checks and almost ready to take it out on the road to check the shift points, etc.  Some of the electrical is tywrapped up out of the way for now, still have to put some sheet metal back on along with the interior that we took out to make some of the mods to the car.  
It runs good, sounds a little louder than what I was expecting.  It has a real nice rumble out the 3" single exhaust.