37s first start

Started by Pep, September 05, 2006, 07:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pep

OK...for those that remember, I have been toiling away with building my 37 Ford roadster for over 6 1/2 years. Last weekend I reached a mile stone. I started the engine for the very first time. The engine was built about 9 years ago and never fired, so there was a lot of anticipation whether it would run or not...here is the link to the page with the result. There is also a link to a video of the start on the page.
http://www.pepsgarage.com/September%202006.htm
See Ya
Pep

rooster

Way to go PEP! That was a long time coming. The next high will be going down the street, it cant be far off.

Congrats! Sounds like a road trip in the near future!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

enjenjo

Congrats PEP. Will it be here at the street rod nats next year? :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Bruce Dorsi

It's been a long road, Pep, but you must feel like a proud, new Papa!

Congrats on this milestone!

So, will you be done next week?

:roll:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Charlie Chops 1940

Great report. Nice pics. Good idea on the coolant filter.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Pep

Thanks guys..it was a great feeling to have it fire just about the first hit. If I had given the accelerator pedal a couple of pumps before, she would have fired the very first turn...Still, the result was great...Oh yeah Rooster, if you look back at the site, you will see that I did in fact drive it the same day......It did stall though, cause the choke came on and she flooded when I got back home...but it won't happen again, cause it is now held permanently off....Full steam ahead to get it back together now...Frank...yeah, the boat is booked :wink:
See Ya
Pep