personalized plates

Started by Dave, September 06, 2006, 06:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

i see michigan finally got thier %%%T together and you can check availability of personal plates online. I just stumbled on it cause i havent recieved my tabs for my plates (lost in the mail i guess) and my birthday is monday so i guess im gonna have to pay extra late fees and junk so why not get a special plate for the 32 :?:  Hell i could get one for the bike too :!:  Got one for the truck its a amateur radio plate............ I didnt know till now that we could search this. Its a cool function that shoulda been done a long time ago.......
Dave :idea:  :arrow:  :idea:  :arrow:

58 Yeoman

I've had mine for the 58 for quite a while, but IL lets you run YOM plates, so I've been running the 1958 plates instead.  Our antique plates are good for 5 years, for $30, but you're limited on how much you can drive it (not that anyone really checks).
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

phat rat

Quote from: "N8DC"i see michigan finally got thier %%%T together and you can check availability of personal plates online. I just stumbled on it cause i havent recieved my tabs for my plates (lost in the mail i guess) and my birthday is monday so i guess im gonna have to pay extra late fees and junk so why not get a special plate for the 32 :?:  Hell i could get one for the bike too :!:  Got one for the truck its a amateur radio plate............ I didnt know till now that we could search this. Its a cool function that shoulda been done a long time ago.......

They've had that for over two years
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "N8DC"Got one for the truck - its a amateur radio plate:

You mean you spew that gibberish all over the planet? :wink:

(Visions of Andy Griffith spitting into the microphone yelling "HAWLLOOOOOO")... :lol:

You'd think as long as you've been doing it, you'd be a P R O fessional by now... :?  :roll:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Dave

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "N8DC"i see michigan finally got thier %%%T together and you can check availability of personal plates online. I just stumbled on it cause i havent recieved my tabs for my plates (lost in the mail i guess) and my birthday is monday so i guess im gonna have to pay extra late fees and junk so why not get a special plate for the 32 :?:  Hell i could get one for the bike too :!:  Got one for the truck its a amateur radio plate............ I didnt know till now that we could search this. Its a cool function that shoulda been done a long time ago.......

They've had that for over two years

Well Duhhhhhh I guess its been that long since I checked. Were behind on technology here anyway.  Now I gotta still get plates like tomorrow after work! my stuff musta got lost and the check never got cashed :twisted:  :twisted: .
Dave

alchevy

In Mississippi, we have several special plates to pick from including antique auto and street rod. When I bought my car, it was in Chicago, so it had never been titled in MS yet. I had to pay for one year regular tag and then went ahead and bought the antique tag which is good for life. Recently I took the antique tag back and got a street rod tag. Funny thing is that after I bought my tag, a few of my friends bought theirs and we are in sequence now with the tag numbers. Got to get all three of them together and take a picture of that. A friend of mine has a '48 Chevy Pickup and has the number 1948, how coooool is that!
I just bought an antique tag for my 1981 Chevy Pickup. My first vehicle and I held onto it for 25 years to earn the tag. I think it's a keeper.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Dave

Quote from: "40chevy"In Mississippi, we have several special plates to pick from including antique auto and street rod. When I bought my car, it was in Chicago, so it had never been titled in MS yet. I had to pay for one year regular tag and then went ahead and bought the antique tag which is good for life. Recently I took the antique tag back and got a street rod tag. Funny thing is that after I bought my tag, a few of my friends bought theirs and we are in sequence now with the tag numbers. Got to get all three of them together and take a picture of that. A friend of mine has a '48 Chevy Pickup and has the number 1948, how coooool is that!
I just bought an antique tag for my 1981 Chevy Pickup. My first vehicle and I held onto it for 25 years to earn the tag. I think it's a keeper.
AL

We dont have street rod plates here yet and I dunno if we are ever going to have them..
Thats a lot for our state goverment to think about and they arent very smart to begin with. I was supprised to see we could look up personalised plated even though jack informed me thats been online for a couple years. I dunno if im even gonna get on yet but I dont want a historic or a yom plate cause if the cops wanna they can stop you for just cruzin on a saturday afternoon.. Ill decide on the plate tomorrow when i go to the dmv and get my new tabs. I sure like to know where that almost 200.00 check went :?:  :?
Dave 8)

alchevy

I drive my '40 Chevy and my '81 Pickup about once a week most of the time to work just to keep them going. My daily driver is the '06 HHR. If I ever get stopped while driving the truck, I will just show them the odometer that says 110,000 original miles in 25 years. So it hasn't been driven too much. Anyway, my daily driver is costing me new car tag prices and they have that money even if it's sitting at home not being driven.

I feel like if a car has reached 25 years or older, it deserves the right to be driven on roads because it's owner paid into the system for all of those years. Now some cars that are that old shouldn't be allowed on the roads, but ones that are in good running order are the ones I'm talking about.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com