Progress on the 40 Merc-getting ready to turn the key

Started by Kobies Kool 40, September 16, 2006, 09:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kobies Kool 40

I'm getting closer to my goal of firing this thing up before the snowballs are flying.  Here's some pics of the last two weeks or so of work.  Bought some new motor mounts, modified them and the frame so the headers would clear.  Have had that motor in and out about 6 times now  :lol:

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Kobies Kool 40"I'm getting closer to my goal of firing this thing up before the snowballs are flying.  Here's some pics of the last two weeks or so of work.  Bought some new motor mounts, modified them and the frame so the headers would clear.  Have had that motor in and out about 6 times now  :lol:

FIRE IN THE HOLE... :D

Lookin' good so far.

What are snowballs... :?:  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Rayvyn"

Sumpthin' tells me that ain't the first time you've said that :shock:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Rayvyn

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
Quote from: "Rayvyn"

Sumpthin' tells me that ain't the first time you've said that :shock:

Vance

Well, there was that girl that hung around the base quite a bit... :wink:

You are right though... 8)  :D

The British engineers were good at finding the IED's (or RODEO's as we called them), and we would fire a few into it purposely to blow it up. You learned where they were by observing the people in the area. If there was a certain spot where they weren't, chances are there was a darned good reason why. Nightime was a whole different story. We just prayed and took our chances. :!:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Dave

Quote from: "Kobies Kool 40"I'm getting closer to my goal of firing this thing up before the snowballs are flying.  Here's some pics of the last two weeks or so of work.  Bought some new motor mounts, modified them and the frame so the headers would clear.  Have had that motor in and out about 6 times now  :lol:

Light er up.. Hell id have had it runnin the second time i put it in. I love the sound of a fresh engine even if its sittin on the floor!
open headers open beer .... TO DIE FOR

Dave