Hooley 2006 --- The Long version...

Started by 1FATGMC, August 31, 2006, 06:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FATGMC

Ok so the picture above was of two RRT heroes of the day, Jim (River1) and George (PurplePickUp) at an Anasazi ruin somewhere west of Blanding on the first day of the adventure and not Hooley running 241 mph, but the rest of the story is below.  

I have the week and a half adventure now posted on my site.  Go to the following link and then down the page to "The 2006 "236.921 Record" Story":

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/bvillecar/bonneville-Index.html  

I don't have the construction changes to the car for 2006 up on the site yet.  I might get it done tomorrow, but it might be a week or so as I'm going back to B'ville Sat. for the BUB motorcycle meet as it looks like there might be at least 3 motorcycle streamliners that will set a new world motor cycle record over 330 mph.  When I add the new construction pages I'll post.

c ya, Sum

P.S.  George/Jim I'll try and get that picture and one more e-mailed to you soon.

58 Yeoman

So, tell me how you landed the chopper up there...and, why isn't it in the picture? :shock:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

purplepickup

That's a nice story Sumner.  Reading it put me back at Bonneville again for a minute.  The time out west went so fast this year but it was definitely a year to remember.

Phil I don't think a chopper could put us on that ledge.  We did it the old fashioned way.  Sometimes the next step wasn't always an easy one.  Here's Jim looking for a place to put his foot.

George

Cword

Thanks for the great read Sumner.

I saw Craig Beairsto's name on a picture in there.  Coincidently his brother Scott was the subject of a bonneville story in our newspaper today
Link to the article

Mike
--

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Cword"Thanks for the great read Sumner.

I saw Craig Beairsto's name on a picture in there.  Coincidentally his brother Scott was the subject of a bonneville story in our newspaper today
Link to the article

Mike

Neat article Mike.  I sure do have a lot of respect for those bike riders running over 200.  I'm glad they got the records :D .  I have a few pictures of your dad in the car at the starting line that I'll try and remember to e-mail you when I get back from BUB.

c ya, Sum

kb426

Please post results when you get back. There is a guy from the Wichita area that has  a 50cc bike that's trying for a record. One of my friends built the engine but I don't know the riders' name. I read your recap for this year. Other than the little screw ups, it sounds great. The story about the bike rider is great also. I ride and know how much it takes to go 200 on pavement. The salt deal is really difficult. 246 is impressive to me.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

still looking for 2006 chassis / car upgrades that produced the record run.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Crosley"still looking for 2006 chassis / car upgrades that produced the record run.

Soon I hope.  I just got back from the BUB meet on the salt last night.

c ya,

Sum