For Canadians..FREE specialty tool rental!

Started by Arnold, August 18, 2006, 09:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arnold

Just thought I'd pass this along.You can rent/use/borrow a LOT! of speciality tools.Free.They have quite an assortment of specialty tools.The stuff you need once..and costs hundreds..and you'll never use again.NO! I am of course NOT affiliated with Canadian Tire/Powerbilt..nor know anyone that is.The tools are the "Powerbilt" line.I have some of them.The ones I have are pretty good.If Powerbilt makes it you can probablly go to your local Canadian Tire and use it for free.There are NO catches/tricks/sales pitches bs etc.They don't even ask or expect you to buy stuff.You simply ask if you can use/borrow "x".Then you buy it.Cash,Visa etc. I can't remember how long you can use it? When done..bring it back..they refund your money..no questions asked. Don't bring it back? Still no questions..guess who the new owner is? I knew they had this program years ago..and didn't have a very big selection.I have used it.I happened to be there the other nite and saw how big it is now.

58 Yeoman

You can also do this at Autozone in the US.  I've rented their double flare tool a number of times.  Others may do it also, but I'm not sure.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

donsrods

Yep, Autozone has the same program here.  I have used it a bunch of times for a tool I would only be using once, and didn't want to buy.

They also will test a defective charging/starting system free too, and the download tells you what is actually going on.  I see people on this and other forums all the time struggling with some non-charging/non-starting issue, when all they would have to do is wheel into the local Autozone and get the info quickly and free.  Why beat your head against a wall if you don't have to??

Don

47convert

Partsource in Canada has the same deal (CTC owned) but don't seem to have as many tools as CTC.