Back again...

Started by DrChop, August 29, 2006, 01:55:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrChop

This time I'm thrashing on the bodywork for the sledd, been slinging kitty hair at it for the past several weeks. Last time I was on here for an update i worked on it awhile, mostly stripping rust off, and my painter buddy told me he'd get epoxy on it... he ended up just shooting some old enamel sealer all over the car, when I was away from work for a weekend....

I don't work with him anymore... beer is for AFTER the job is done, not as an eye opener at 7AM...

Needless to say I had to strip all of it back down to bare metal and start all over again.  This time it's taking shape.  

This past summer Shannon and I have taken the car to a few local shows, and got a plaque 1st in Class at one, and a trophy 1st in Class at the other. Does'nt matter to either of us that we were the only taildragger there.... :D

I got that loose upper balljoint changed out, finally... and even though I did a 'racecar' alignment on it setting the camber with a level against the rim and a string to set toe, it tracks pretty well, good enough not to be scary on the highway.

The hood and fenders are finally welded up solid, and I have the oval grille opening finished up and filler going on it. I also welded and filled the trunk lid seams up, looks better and the lid was a moot point anyways since the fuel filler is the only thing on it, and the tank fills the space.

Mechanically it's running fine and steers/stops good. The air ride is also working out well.

Hoping to finish body/paint work before snow flies, and work on glass and interior over the winter months.

Eight years in it so far... I'm tired of seeing it unpainted.... don't care how bad gas prices get, it's worth it when the skinny pedal is on the floor... :D

Doc

purplepickup

It's good to hear from you Jay :D  Got any pics of the sledd?

Are you coming to K'zoo?  We haven't had a firestarter as good as you lately :shock:
George

rooster

Welcome back Chop. Do you still have the web site? Lets see the Ford.

phat rat

Welcome back Doc. Glad that 500's still going and doing the job for you.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

jaybee

Good to hear from you.  I've often wondered how things are going, you always have an interesting take on things.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Dave

Good to see you back among us!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

DrChop

My camera software is not compatible with NT on this box, so I can't get it to upload anything. I will probably get to Walgreens or wherever and get some new ones onto a PhotoCD and see if I can get them online that way... just takes time...

Doc

GPster

Quote from: "DrChop"My camera software is not compatible with NT on this box, so I can't get it to upload anything. I will probably get to Walgreens or wherever and get some new ones onto a PhotoCD and see if I can get them online that way... just takes time...Doc
Just send them to Fat Cat or Purplepickup. They seem to have a way to turn them around and post them. Being able to get your daughter for car shows is a good thing. GPster

Pep

Glad to see you back Doc....I often thought how you were going with the Ford.....pics will be good when you figure it out :wink:
See Ya
Pep

phat46

Nice to see you back. I'd like pics too please!  :lol:

DrJ

Welcome Back!
I was wondering where you were.
Seems like it was everytime I started thinking about Model A;s and four wheel drive.... :wink:
Pictures of the sled please!