What I did on my summer vacation.

Started by enjenjo, August 29, 2006, 06:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I left here the morning of the second of aug, headed to Lville for the NATS.I rode with one of my buddies in my old 47 Fleetline pulling the RRT BBQ. Made it there with no incidents, and set up in our normal area. I roomed with Rayvyn. I spent the next three days, meeting old friends, making new ones, and looking at lots of great cars. The weather was great there, couldn't ask for better.

Saturday afternoon, Rayvyn ran me over to the airport, and I caught a flight to Chicago, to connect to a flight to Las Vegas. The idea was to be in Vegas for my grandson's baptism sunday morning, but at the last minute there was a conflict of schedules, so the event was held saturday before I got there :x  I still had fun meeting him for the first time, and visiting my family out there.

The next friday morning, I met DRD57 and some other guys to convoy to Wendover for speed weeks. I was driving my Concord that I keep in Vegas. Just about 1/2 way, near Lund NV, it overheated. I limped it into town, found a garage, and he worked on it a couple hours. Found the radiator was plugged, he cleaned it as best he could, it seemed to be ok, so I headed back out. About 75 miles later, it started acting up again. I stopped and let it cool down, refilled the radiator and kept going. It did it twice again before I got to Wendover, and by that time it was down on power, but I did make it.

I hit the impromptu car show at the Nugget friday night, and then turned in for a good nights sleep. Saturday morning I headed out on the salt with George(HRPP). I spent the next 4 days hanging out with the 974 crew. They made me a member of the crew, and I was able to help out at times. I had a ball doing it. I was not able to stay for the record runs, but was proud of my part in them getting there.

Wednesday morning, BenD from the HAMB, was able to haul my car back to Vegas, along with my carcass. We dropped it off to wait a couple weeks, it'll be going into the shop at the school where my son works for repair. My guess at this point is a blown head gasket, but it may be more serious.

I spent the next week getting to know my new grandson, some minor repairs on my son's house, and chillin' for a few days. The following wednesday, I flew back home, arriving about 9 pm.

Thurday morning I spent packing the BBQ trailer to go to MoKan. Thursday afternoon we headed out for a 12 hour drive to Springfield Mo. We arrived at 530 am, had some breakfast, and headed to the swap meet at the Ozark Empire fairgrounds.We spent about 3 hours there, I ran out of steam, we could have spent the whole day, and then headed for the HAMB drags.

We spent friday evening and all day saturday hanging out with the HAMBers, watching the race, and cooking dinner at the track.  We had a ball there as always. There were a lot of RRT people there too.

Sunday morning, we left early, and drove 13 hours back home, I'm still recovering.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Boy you retired guys sure seem awful busy! Glad you had a good time!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Dave

lets see what did I do ? June 14th had heart attack.. 14 days in the hospital.
August 14th back to work after 6 weeks off and rehab :?:  Humm im still workin lost a good 2 months of the summer and you had a ball :!:  :?:  And your still retired while I still have to work
You suck :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :?:
Dave

enjenjo

Quote from: "N8DC"lets see what did I do ? June 14th had heart attack.. 14 days in the hospital.
August 14th back to work after 6 weeks off and rehab :?:  Humm im still workin lost a good 2 months of the summer and you had a ball :!:  :?:  And your still retired while I still have to work
You suck :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :?:
Dave

Apparently I plan better than you do :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Nick32Vic

Awesome! Hopefully someday im old enough to have that much fun in one month!  :lol:

Its always nice to see you and your crew........except when you and your son confuse me. :cry:

Take it easy Frank!