144 Louvers

Started by Grandadeo, August 26, 2006, 08:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grandadeo

Got to thinking about my old '41 Chevy 2 door sedan I sold back in the mid eighties.  Just wondering where it ended up.  We chopped it 3" (That's a whole story in itself).  Cut all the posts, moved the top forward to line up the windshield posts, and layed the rear window area forward keeping the rear window full sized.  Actually it was a whole rear roof section from another sedan.  With it layed down it looked almost like a fleetline except for a slight hump at the belt line.  Had frenched in '76 cordoba headlights and cordoba parking lights.  Punched 144 louvers in the hood, deck lid and upper sides of the fenders, at least that's the number I remember.  Shaved the door handles and frenched in a pair of '59 caddy taillights on each rear fender which were welded/molded to the body.  The guy I sold it to in GA changed the taillights and put late '60s camaro looking taillights below the deck lid and painted it maroon.  I heard it sold again in GA and then came to the west coast of Florida.  That's the last I head of it and that was about 20 years ago.  Sound familiar to any of you southeasten guys?  Just wondering.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

alchevy

Here's one similar to what you explained, but it's a '40 instead of a '41. Seen this one in Jackson, MS and in Monroe, LA.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com