Pictures from Louisville

Started by alchevy, August 16, 2006, 10:40:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

As promised, here is a link to the pictures I took while at the Street Rod Nationals in Louisville, KY:

http://www.astreetrodder.com/nats06.htm
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

EMSjunkie

Thanks for posting the pix fellers, I appreciate it.
may hafta make plans to attend next year 8)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

sal37

Thanks for the photos guys, great job.

Steve

rick 36dodge

Thanks for the photos.

Were there no Mopars ?
Thanks, Rick Harris

alchevy

The Mopars were there, I just didn't get any pictures of them. I find myself inside the massive vender area more and more each year. Barely get outside to take pictures. The inside area is 425,700 sq feet in one HUGE room now! I took the pictures on Saturday afternoon while folks were making their way into Fredom Hall to win the giveaway pickup. I decided that I could not afford the taxes on it if my number was drawn, and I needed to take the pictures. This year, we just took our time and did what we wanted to do, came in when we wanted to. For many years, we have gotten up before the sun comes up at 4:30am and were out there in line waiting for them to open the gates up at 5:30am. Then you get to your spot and as you are sitting there in the dark thinking to yourself that you could be asleep right now instead of out there where you can't see you hand in front of your face.
It's a fun event to go to. There's a lot of talk around that you hear saying that folks are going to get tired of going to Louisville, but I'm here to tell ya that ain't true. As I checked out of my hotel, I grabbed the last three suites for next year that they had. With this year's total number being more than last year and think of all of the folks there this year for the first time, and how many regulars were not there, if they all show up next year...could be a record year. We had about 7 rookies in my group and had almost that many regulars that were not there.
AL

PS: Being that the regulars were not with me this year, I had to find my way around without their help. So I studied some maps beforehand and was prepared. There are so many exit ramps going this way and that way off of the major interstates surrounding the fairgrounds. I have a map marked for next year. The other place I had to find was Joe's Crab Shack and back to my maps again, I was able to bring my group directly to it. Told them that I brought 'em there, it was up to them to get back. But that was easy. The first time we went there, the instructions we were given was to go up 65 until you got to Main St. So we did that and when we got to Main St., it was one way (the opposite way we needed to go). So we went around several blocks, saw the baseball field twice and several other places. Finally asked someone walking down the street how to get there. Got to the place and waited 30 minutes for a table and our waitress asked us if we were new to the area and started telling us what was in the town (baseball stadium, yep we came by that place twice...). When we got through eating, we came through the crowd waiting for tables inside, through the outside doors, there were more people, down the steps, there were more people.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

reborn55

Great pictures guys--thanks for sharing.

alchevy

Quote from: "reborn55"Great pictures guys--thanks for sharing.
Hey Ken, how about a post about how you viewed your first Louisville trip.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

rick 36dodge

Thanks for taking pictures. I wish I could have been there. I know you have a plan until you see all the goings on and there goes the plan. Just have FUN !! Maybe after I retire form this Flying job I can go where I want to go.
Thanks again, Rick Harris

Beck

Quote from: "rick 36dodge"Thanks for the photos.

Were there no Mopars ?
Thanks, Rick Harris

A local guy to me won the Mopar Country with his new '36 Plymouth woodie. Sweet ride. He got it finished (well there never quite done) a week or so before the NATS. It had been to a few of the local cruises. He has several super Mopars. There was a black 34 Dodge PU, slammed and low in the books about 1 1/2 yr ago that is his. He has a beater Fargo PU that is nice, and a 32 Plymouth coupe with a 392 hemi. He has built a few others but let them go to new homes. It is actually a father/son team now. I wish I had their tallent.
Beck

Nick32Vic

Quote from: "Beck"
Quote from: "rick 36dodge"Thanks for the photos.

Were there no Mopars ?
Thanks, Rick Harris

A local guy to me won the Mopar Country with his new '36 Plymouth woodie. Sweet ride. He got it finished (well there never quite done) a week or so before the NATS. It had been to a few of the local cruises. He has several super Mopars. There was a black 34 Dodge PU, slammed and low in the books about 1 1/2 yr ago that is his. He has a beater Fargo PU that is nice, and a 32 Plymouth coupe with a 392 hemi. He has built a few others but let them go to new homes. It is actually a father/son team now. I wish I had their tallent.
Beck

Actually the Hemi coupe is a 34.  :wink:  

Heres a pic of his fargo, my car, and my new track T that his son hauled home for me in the fargo.

Rayvyn

I finally got a chance to upload a few. Here they are. Enjoy.

http://rayvyn37.tripod.com/louisville06/
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

reborn55

Quote from: "40chevy"
Quote from: "reborn55"Great pictures guys--thanks for sharing.
Hey Ken, how about a post about how you viewed your first Louisville trip.
AL

In one word "awesome"--Wife and I had a great time.  Wish we could have found the right streetrod for my wife, but at least she did narrow it down as to what she wants.  Next year will hopefully get to enjoy all the cars and vendors.
Finally got to meet some of the great people here and at the Hamb--didn't get to visit as long as I would have liked, but there is always next year.
Amazing amount of cars to look at--but was kinda disappointed that it didn't rain(lol).  Brought all kinds of rain gear.  
There were a lot of Mopars there.  We rode in a 48 Chrysler to and from the fairgrounds.  Owner was the guy who built my sold 48 Dodge.  He is working on a 48 Chrysler limo at the moment.
Later.