Anyone close to Newton Wisconsin??

Started by 40, September 06, 2006, 11:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

There is an upcoming auction in Newton this Friday/Saturday.....They are selling the lifetime collection of cars/parts from Jon Mattias.Lots of rare collectable cars and an unbelievable stash of 348/409 motors and parts.Also some nailhead Buick stuff as well as other rare odds/ends.All at no reserve.Anyone from the RRT ever heard of him or live anywhere close to Newton.....it's about 40 miles South of Green Bay.I'm thinking ROAD TRIP!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

48builder

Quote from: "40"There is an upcoming auction in Newton this Friday/Saturday.....They are selling the lifetime collection of cars/parts from Jon Mattias.Lots of rare collectable cars and an unbelievable stash of 348/409 motors and parts.Also some nailhead Buick stuff as well as other rare odds/ends.All at no reserve.Anyone from the RRT ever heard of him or live anywhere close to Newton.....it's about 40 miles South of Green Bay.I'm thinking ROAD TRIP!

Are you sure this is in Wisconsin? A guy I know in Wisocnsin asked me if I meant Newton, Iowa.

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

48builder

Quote from: "40"There is an upcoming auction in Newton this Friday/Saturday.....They are selling the lifetime collection of cars/parts from Jon Mattias.Lots of rare collectable cars and an unbelievable stash of 348/409 motors and parts.Also some nailhead Buick stuff as well as other rare odds/ends.All at no reserve.Anyone from the RRT ever heard of him or live anywhere close to Newton.....it's about 40 miles South of Green Bay.I'm thinking ROAD TRIP!

Wait. I found this.

http://ll.hemmings.com/pdfs/VanDerBrin234631.PDF#search=%22newton%20wisconsin%20auction%22
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

phat rat

It's just south of Manitowoc, exit 144 off I-43
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Walt...that is the auction.Since I'm here typing this post,it's obvious that I didn't make the trip but what an awesome collection of 348/409 cars/motors/parts! My grandson who lives with us broke his clavicle playing football yesterday so that ended any slim hope that I had of making it.I am looking for a 409 2-4BL motor or possibly a 348 Tri-power motor for my 55 Chevy pickup and thought this might have been the perfect place to get one.I even tried to register to bid on line or by phone but you had to be registered 7 days prior to the auction to participate.I still need to pick up an old gas pump that I purchased in Pickett Wisconsin.....I may jump in the truck and fetch it on Sunday!

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "40"I still need to pick up an old gas pump that I purchased in Pickett Wisconsin.....I may jump in the truck and fetch it on Sunday!

Cool, then that must mean you really don't need this old junky one laying around Livonia, right??? :roll:  :wink:  :lol:

Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

You weren't kidding when you said you were going to set it in your living room  :-o  Thanks again to you and Rudy for retrieving the old girl! The pump looks great and so do you by the way....The lack of red meat and ice cream sure seems to be working!!