Suggestions for a relay

Started by phat46, July 28, 2006, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

I need a relay for the 'lectric fan on my '46. Seems the switch alone will melt if you leave the fan on long enough... :roll:  Anyone have a favorite relay they use for this application. The parts places around herewant to know if what you want a relay for has A/C, rear discs, the 2.0 or 2.4 liter motor, tinted windows, etc. so they can look it up on the computer......

oiler

On my roadster I used a relay and harness assembly that GM uses in a safety campaign for the starter on Grand Ams and Cavaliers.
It's a hi quality one at a pretty cheap price.
part#  88880045.
I've used them for cooling fan,starter and fuel pump and haven't had one let me down yet.
Jeff

MrMopar64

Quote from: "phat46"I need a relay for the 'lectric fan on my '46. Seems the switch alone will melt if you leave the fan on long enough... :roll:  Anyone have a favorite relay they use for this application. The parts places around herewant to know if what you want a relay for has A/C, rear discs, the 2.0 or 2.4 liter motor, tinted windows, etc. so they can look it up on the computer......

I've got some...... bought a few to many when I built my car. Send me your addy and I send you one  :wink:

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

phat46

Quote from: "MrMopar64"
Quote from: "phat46"I need a relay for the 'lectric fan on my '46. Seems the switch alone will melt if you leave the fan on long enough... :roll:  Anyone have a favorite relay they use for this application. The parts places around herewant to know if what you want a relay for has A/C, rear discs, the 2.0 or 2.4 liter motor, tinted windows, etc. so they can look it up on the computer......

I've got some...... bought a few to many when I built my car. Send me your addy and I send you one  :wink:

MM64  8)

Thank you for the offer, but i have to fix this today, Saturday, it's going to be in the mid and upper 90's for the next week and i have to drive the car. Did you get  the relays at a Parts store, and do you have a brand or number for them?

donsrods

All you need is a "continuous duty relay" that sells for about $ 10. I picked up mine at Advance Auto, but every auto parts carries them.

Do you know how they are wired?  I forget exactly, but will look at my Jeep today and give you the number sequence if it helps you out.

Don

tom36

48ford

GO to Murrays or auto zone, they sell a 30 amp relay for ad on driving lights,comes with the wiring diagram on the package ,cost around $5-6 bucks. Last forever
Russ