Weather Stripping

Started by timkins, April 07, 2004, 09:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timkins

I am getting ready to put weather stripping on my 32 2 dr sedan and was wondering where the best place is to install. On the door or on the frame?
Is it best to  use self adhesive or glue it on, and last but not least who should I purchase it from?

jakesbackyard

On the door or on the frame?
Is it best to  use self adhesive or glue it on, and last but not least who should I purchase it from?[/quote]

I have used many of Soffseals universal weatherstrips to do cars I have upholstered. They will send you samples of all they have and you can figure out which ones work best.  They seem to be good strips and remain soft.   http://www.softseal.com

Most of Soffseals come with double faced adhesive attached and work good. For any I glue I use 3M's Super Weatherstrip Adhesive - Black. Works well. It is a contact adhesive. Needs to go on each part, tack up and then go together.

I prefer to attach the strip to the door (like most manufacturers do). It seems to be less noticable when you open the door and hop in. When you are checking to see which strip works best and when done to know it seals - use a dollar bill/piece of paper - slam the door on it - pull it out to check the drag. If it slips out easily there is not enough seal.
Jake