my computer crashed, lost all email addresses

Started by WZ JUNK, July 26, 2006, 09:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

If you are someone that I communicate with by email occasionally, send me an email so that I can add it to my email address book.  My old computer gave it up and we were unable to save my email addresses.  So far I have also lost all my hot rod bookmarks and that amounts to a lot of technical sites that I earmarked.  We had just recently made a backup disc but I did not get all my stuff saved.

Note: if you have not saved all your stuff on your computer that you value, now would be a good time.  One day the * thing will just quit.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

sirstude

John,

It must be the day,  I put beta 3 of IE7 on my pc on Monday, and yesterday things crashed.  I did manage to save my information, but it was more luck than skill.  I keep very little on the machine, mostly on network drives so that I can move from machine to machine.  My home setup, I even back up to here at work so it is on the tapes.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Scrap Fe

John,

That happened to me twice.  I now have two hard drives in my computer and back up info daily.

kb426

Let's see, back up, backup, backup. If you buy a usb flashdrive, you can save your address book, email archive, and your favorites file in just alittle bit. Most of us have had the same exp. It's not life threatening but is sure does suck.
TEAM SMART