New transportation appliance

Started by phat46, July 18, 2006, 04:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Wife got a new car today. Her old reliable Stratus turned ten so it was time for a new one. We got an '07 Saturn Vue; after shying away from G.M. due to some bad experiences with the last few vehicles from the General we decided to try once again. I hope I don't regret it. We got the top o' the line "regular" Vue, not a RedLine. It's AWD with a 250 H.P. V6. Seems like it'll stay up with traffic o.k. Of course I couldn't talk her out of the sunroof, heated leather seats, six disc changer, and all the other stuff i wouldn't want.The side curtain airbags make me feel better as does the AWD for the winters here. It's really weird to see the salesman walk up to one and hit it HARD with his fist on the door and not see a  mark on the plastic panels. No rust problems on those things! And he showed me how they can be replaced with a few screws! Supposed to be able to tow 3500# too, might be handy, save some gas when i find some old iron to drag home rather than use my 5.9 liter (360) Dodge truck!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed!