It runs

Started by nzsimon, July 10, 2006, 05:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzsimon

Finally got the roadster to run
Had a few problems to start as I had wired the two coils round the wrong way my interpretation of left looking from the front of the car didn't match the instruction manual unwritten sitting in the car left

Of course I ran all the wiring under the injection so had to pull it off to rewire it

The back fireing through those 8 trumpets was a frightening thing as it was 180 degress out effectively

Then our fuel problems turned out to be not enough in the new tank for the pump

Only ran it for 30 secs as the trans is empty or nearly but it sounds nice with those 8 throttle bodies and 2 inch headers
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

nzsimon

heres what it looks like now

rumrumm

Hearing your engine run for the first time is a great feeling--ranks right up there with a lot of other "first times!" Congratulations.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Dirk35

CONGRATS!!!!!
That is awesome!

There is never a better feeling than the elation of it firing for the 1st time! Now it wont take you long at all to get it on the road. Be lad you made it pretty before getting it runnig, or you would be like me, and driving it around half complete, but really enjoying it!

Dirty31

In my opinion one of the greatest parts of the whole build up is firing the motor for the first time,  Congrats!!

Crosley.In.AZ

that is good news......

first fire up is a fun time
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

jaybee

That's awesome, Simon I love that car.  You don't see a lot of white cars but maybe there should be more.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

nzsimon

The white is the gel coat plan to paint it black does paint come in other colours ?

jaybee

Well, there are also red cars in the magazines, but I've heard rumor of other colors as well.  I'd say it'll look just as good as black.  That said, white doesn't work for everything.  I have a pic of a 57 Chevy wagon in white.  It resembles nothing so much as an enormous chest freezer!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Pep

Great news Simon....I am arranging a "birthing" BBQ at my place for the 37s first firing. I have rodders coming from all over to witness the event and celebrate with me. I am also video taping it and will post on my web site....And yeah...black...is there any other colour.
See Ya
Pep

nzsimon

Those red cars are just a trick of the light these photographers nowdays can even make our primeminister look like she can't eat an apple through a tennis reacket

Cool Pep I was thinking about doing the same but the thought of way too many witness'es if it didn't go sobered me up now it goes I can invite people over for a first firing party

In fact now I have some fittings for the trans I can fill it with fluid and run it longer than the 30 secs it has had

I was pretty impressed once we had the wiring sorted it fires on the first quarter revolution it has been sitting with the ports open for 4 and half years Carpys company make great engines

Pep

Yeah record it and post it mate...I would love to hear it run......Say it's the first run :wink: .....I will be having the real first start BBQ....I gathered if I have fuel, spark, compression and timing it should fire. Hell, it may leak fluids, but that shouldn't stop it. I will show all the smoke and spluttering as she bursts into life....If it don't, well I'll have plenty of rodders around me with suggestions....or we may just give up and stuck into the p_ss..In any case, we will have a good time.
See Ya
Pep