Looking For An Oil Pan For A Pontiac 400

Started by 40, July 02, 2006, 11:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have my old Firebird blasted apart at a friends shop to freshen up the motor compartment.I have had this car since high school so the oil pan has endured many dumb * stunts over the years and,though it still holds oil,looks really nasty.Since everything else will be "pretty" when we put it back together,I thought I'd try and locate a new pan.I have tried locating a new OEM pan with no luck...suppliers such as Year One sell a cadium plated one from Milodan....it will work but it is a completely different profile than the stock pan.Not that it's a big deal but this old  girl is nearly 100% correct and I prefer to use a stock pan if I can locate one.Anyone have one laying around in the junk pile??Any help greatly appreciated!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

How about any links to Pontiac web sites that may be of help??

48ford

Quote from: "40"How about any links to Pontiac web sites that may be of help??[/quot

Try the pontiac/oakland club
One of my sons still gets the magazine.
Russ

purplepickup

There's a couple OEM ones on ebay but they're not perfect.  http://motors.search.ebay.com/?from=R40&satitle=pontiac+400+oil+pan I'll bet if you saved that search into My Ebay, something good would come up eventually.
George

EMSjunkie

A buddy of mine in Waterloo IA. is a big Pontiac nut, I tried to call him
earlier, but the slug took the day off :x

I'll try to get ahold of him Wed. when he gets back to work.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

sal37

Daryle
Do the hotrod thing and pound it out with a hammer and dolly and file finish it 8)  :lol:
Steve

Thanks guys....I'll keep my eye on eBay.Vance....Give me a yell if he turns one up....Steve,this old pan has been thru the mill....it's been torn/ welded a couple of times,dents/dings to numerous to count and  is looking pretty thin in spots.They made a million of them.....I should be able to turn one up that's in considerably better condition than the one I have.

EMSjunkie

Daryle, I need to know what year the motor is.

I am on the phone now to my buudy in Iowa, he thinks he can score one, but he needs to know the year. 8)

let me know.

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

Vance.....It is a 1968 Pontiac 400. I'm sorry for not mentioning the year in my original post.I have had that old Bird since high school and I guess after owning it for so long,I assume everyone has seen it.I really appreciate the help.....Let me know what you come up with......Thanks!!

EMSjunkie

The search is on.

he should call me back in a couple days.
I'll  let you know.

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders