Sprint car progress

Started by enjenjo, July 24, 2006, 11:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48builder

Quote from: "enjenjo"Well it's going good for the most part. .

Frank, that is so cool. What a nice piece of work.
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

jaybee

Love-it-love-it-love-it!  I could just study the pics endlessly.  Any chance of a decent size and resolution pic of the final result?  It'd make really fine desktop wallpaper.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

enjenjo

I'll get some good pictures when it moves outside.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

av8

Sweeeet!  Bring lots of prints to Speed Week so there are pictures to go along with your live words. :D

Mike

rooster

I want to see a picture of you sitting in it! :D

Looks great!

Sean

Quote from: "rooster"I want to see a picture of you sitting in it! :D

Looks great!

Me too... :D

Looks good Frank.

enjenjo

Well, a set back. Coolant leak. Appears to be at the distributor drive sleeve. Fairly easy fix, but no time. :cry:  I'll have to see what we can do.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"Well, a set back. Coolant leak. Appears to be at the distributor drive sleeve. Fairly easy fix, but no time. :cry:  I'll have to see what we can do.

you better hurry.

:arrow:  8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Well, it's all back together. It still leaks. I am not going to get to hear it run. :cry: The time schefule is such that we can't get the parts in time to make the shipping date. I'll get the parts, and send them to Germany, and one of his staff will have to repair it.

This crack did not show up on the magnaflux, because it is inside the passage for the distributor shaft. A sleeve will fix it, but it has to come apart to do it.

Crosley.In.AZ

no test drive?  You have a perfect property for spinnin circles & such fun!
Tony

GPster

Quote from: "Crosley"no test drive?  You have a perfect property for spinnin circles & such fun!
He could pull it with the tractor but he's probably having trouble finding someone to (un)dress for the occasion. That's a real bummer not to get to hear it run. GPster

enjenjo

New pictures, outside. I'm bummed it won't fire here, but pretty proud of the car anyway.

enjenjo

Crosley.In.AZ

kinda like seeing a  kid leave the home for the first time.
Tony