Good Guys Nashville pictures

Started by alchevy, June 25, 2006, 05:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

I will post the rest of the pictures I took soon, but here are some of the best ones for you to see right away. I met some nice people there and saw some neat looking cars.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Flipper

Quote from: "40chevy"I will post the rest of the pictures I took soon, but here are some of the best ones for you to see right away. I met some nice people there and saw some neat looking cars.

So how was it?  How many cars?  How was the location where the show was held?

alchevy

It looked like a very good event. I was a spectator, but as far as I can tell, everything was fine with the location and such. I was just there for most of the day on Saturday, and did not hear a count. I just checked their site, but they don't have the numbers posted yet.

This was my first time at a Good Guys event. Since I came in the spectator entrance, they had to check my cooler, which wasn't being used as a cooler it held my cameras, to make sure I wasn't bringing in any cold drinks to force me to buy the $3 cokes & water! I asked a couple there if they checked each car to see if they brought in ice chests and they said they didn't. Which it would take a while to do that. Looking around the grounds, there were ice chests everywhere. Sure am glad the NSRA doesn't do this!
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Bib_Overalls

I went over as a spectator.  Wife wanted to go and do the Nashville country music sceen and she was not going to ride in my roadster.  So we took her car and I hittched rides to and from our hotel with friends.

I'm guessing 1,700-1,800 cars.  Not bad for the first event.  And my first GoodGuys as well.  We will do it again next year.  

There were free water fountains at the restrooms under the stadium.  And draft beer for those that did not bring their own.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

alchevy

www.astreetrodder.com

Rayvyn

Quote from: "40chevy"http://www.astreetrodder.com/ggnash06.htm is where the pictures are at.

Ya'll must've been in some exclusive company this past weekend. I didn't know George "W" was a street rod fan!! See if you can find the pic with the prez in it.

Nice pics-nice selection cars. I'll have to put that show on next years "to-do" list.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

alchevy

Quote from: "Rayvyn"See if you can find the pic with the prez in it.

Nice pics-nice selection cars. I'll have to put that show on next years "to-do" list.

http://www.astreetrodder.com/IMAGES/ggnash060079.JPG Is this the one you were thinking about (the guy in the yellow shirt on the left)??

Thanks, I like taking the pictures and sharing them with folks.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

Rayvyn

Quote from: "40chevy"
Quote from: "Rayvyn"See if you can find the pic with the prez in it.

http://www.astreetrodder.com/IMAGES/ggnash060079.JPG Is this the one you were thinking about (the guy in the yellow shirt on the left)??

Thanks, I like taking the pictures and sharing them with folks.
AL

Nah.  Check out the pic of the blue 4wd. On the right. See ya in Loovul. I'm heading up that tuesday night myself.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

river1

yup it sho enough looks like him. it looks alot like the guy that plays him on the leno show

http://www.astreetrodder.com/IMAGES/ggnash060108.JPG

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

alchevy

If you say so...I don't watch Leno even though we have the same birthday, April 28th.

AL

www.astreetrodder.com