just an FYI

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, June 27, 2006, 10:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

no big problems , I am crusing   along.  Been very busy at home and work... I was sick for several daze with a stomach, intestine thing, I will not offer details of that. :shock:

In the past 2 weeks I've been in contact with C9 , Glen , t-slik, enjenjo and a few others.

It seems my email has not gotten through to Glen , so he called me . thanks Glen.

been cyphering on 4 bar  rear suspensions for my little cars since the wheel bases on them are at 90 inches for the Morris and Bugeye Sprite. I'd like to shorten up the rods on  a 4 bar kit to provide a litttle more floor space inside the cars

I forgot to mention ;

our daughter in law is PG...... told us a month ago.  this time twins are indicated.

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

EMSjunkie

Hey Tony!!

we was worried 'bout ya, thought you mighta fell in a gopher hole or sumpthin.  :-o

we worry because we love. :wink:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

1FATGMC

And here I thought you were off in Crosley land having fun with other Crosleys :roll: .

Should had know you were working hard,

Sum

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "1FATGMC"And here I thought you were off in Crosley land having fun with other Crosleys :roll: .

Sum

Crosley national club meet is july 7 & 8 in wauseon ohio at the fair grounds.

on friday july 7 we will be in Columbus Ohio at Goodguys meet....... july 8 will be at crosley event.

july 9 we will do some neked lawn mowing  at enjenjo place

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

donsrods

Tony:  I bought a new Bug Eye Sprite in 1959, loved that car.  I put a judson supercharger on it sometime later and it really made it so much more drivable.  But when it was stock I got 50 MPG on the highway ( little 6 gallon tank took me from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia, 300 miles)

Then, in 1965 I lost my license for a year (drag racing) so I tore the sprite down and put a then new 289 Ford in it with the Cobra package. It was a major undertaking, and I ruined a very nice little car. It ran like stink, and would smoke the tires at 80 MPH, but it cornered like s*** and rode like a truck. But it was a real conversation piece when I flipped up that front end.
I left the stock 4:22 geared rear axle in it, and got very good at changing axles, as it would twist the ends off every week or so.  I finally started painting a white straight line on the splined end of the axles and would pull them out every so often to see how far they were twisting. It saved fishing the busted off piece out of the housing.

I've often wondered if the car is still around.

I also had several Crosleys, but never had one on the street.

Don

PS:  Congrats on the twins coming. My Sons are twins, and it is really special.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Crosley"july 9 we will do some neked lawn mowing  at enjenjo place  8)

I sure hope everyone leaves their cameras at home :oops: .

Have fun,

Sum

purplepickup

Quote from: "1FATGMC"
Quote from: "Crosley"july 9 we will do some neked lawn mowing  at enjenjo place  8)

Have fun,

Sum
Maybe I'll have to sneak down there.  My camera is real good at making very small things look really big :shock:  .....I'm talking about Crosleys of course.....the cars... :wink:
George

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "1FATGMC"

Have fun,

Sum
Maybe I'll have to sneak down there.  My camera is real good at making very small things look really big :shock:  .....I'm talking about Crosleys of course.....the cars... :wink:

:lol: thats funny George!!!!  gee, thats only a little over an hour from me  :roll:  :wink:

phat rat

somehow I can't quit see putting going to Franks that day on my list of things too do  :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "1FATGMC"And here I thought you were off in Crosley land having fun with other Crosleys :roll: .

Sum

Crosley national club meet is july 7 & 8 in wauseon ohio at the fair grounds.

on friday july 7 we will be in Columbus Ohio at Goodguys meet....... july 8 will be at crosley event.

july 9 we will do some neked lawn mowing  at enjenjo place

8)

ahhh,nekked fertilizer spreading......... :shock:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

GPster

Quote from: "Crosleyjuly 9 we will do some neked lawn mowing  at enjenjo place 8)
I can't help but think that we ought to have a garage party then and all show up to put the engine back in the station wagon. A Pro Street BBG puller might be considered "Overkill". GPster