A little progress on the track roadster pickup...

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, June 21, 2006, 03:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Chops 1940

Jaybee - it's a .060 over 153 Chevy II 4 cylinder with a T-50 BW 5 speed. !0:1 forged pistons, balanced, DCOE 40 side draft webers  on a heavily reworked Clifford intake, homemade lakes style header w/ black ceramic coat. S-10 rear end, Coker dirt tires.

The car has been stlled big time for a little over a year but now I've gotten tired of all my friends nagging me so I'm working on the little things that will make iit run and drive.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat rat

[but now I've gotten tired of all my friends nagging me so I'm working on the little things that will make iit run and drive.

Charlie[/quote]

Bout time we had some effect
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

jaybee

Apparently I need more nagging...about something other than the grass that needs mowed and the gardens that need weeding.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Charlie Chops 1940

Friday already.

Good progress today in checking all of the electrical systems after finishing the last few connectors for the ignition switch. The switch is dash mounted and the wires needed 10ga disconnects so that the dash is removable by just unplugging it. All the instruments, etc. are in a 16 wire main plug.

Forgot to run grounds for the high beam and directional tell-tale lights - duh, and one turn tell-tale just won't work. The tell-tales are old military units that let you unscrew the colored face/lens and access the bulb directly. I'll have to look inside that one I guess.

The engine turns over with the key. Still need to check the valve adjustment and timing  as it has been a long time sice that went together and old guys ca't remember what they did last. And put some fuel in the tank. Maybe tonight yet.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

A Hooligan!

Cword

Hey Charlie
Your roadster is infectious.

I knew dad had pictures of it on the wall of his office at school.
When I visited him Wednesday night though he showed me how much the bug had got him.  He had pictures of the mock-up sitting in the high school shop, track nose, t body, chassis and hemi.

he was giving mom the ol' "those are the parts that have been in the shed for years" line.

:lol:

Mike
--

Charlie Chops 1940

Pictures...must have pictures!!!

Quote from: "Cword"Hey Charlie
Your roadster is infectious.

I knew dad had pictures of it on the wall of his office at school.
When I visited him Wednesday night though he showed me how much the bug had got him.  He had pictures of the mock-up sitting in the high school shop, track nose, t body, chassis and hemi.

he was giving mom the ol' "those are the parts that have been in the shed for years" line.

:lol:

Mike

A Hooligan!