Wish us luck.......

Started by SKR8PN, June 08, 2006, 10:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKR8PN

...We will be hitting Norwalk Raceway Park tomorrow afternoon around 5:00 pm'ish to debut the new engine/trans combo.......
Rip, She-it or Bust... SOMETHING will happen :shock:  :lol:

Let us just pray that the car stays "greasy side down" ,the driver does his job....and that nothing "grenades"  :lol:  :lol:

If the good Lord is willing and the creek don't rise....
Saturday evening we will be in Bucyrus Ohio for the GIANT cruise-in........and.....Sunday, SHOULD find us out on RT 13 for the "Thunder Road" car show..........  8)  8)

LATER ON BOYS AND GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :lol:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "SKR8PN"...We will be hitting Norwalk Raceway Park tomorrow afternoon around 5:00  

Let us just pray that the car stays "greasy side down" ,the driver does his job....and that nothing "grenades"  :lol:  :lol:

:

"if ya ain't breaking parts, ya ain't drivin' it hard enough"

Good luck, be safe, have fun, post pix.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Sounds like a fun weekend.....Have fun and be safe! I'm heading to the Black Hills with my two 9 year old grandkids for a weeks vacation.....Well,with the agenda they have planned,maybe calling it a vacation is a stretch!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

SKR8PN

WHOOOO YAAAAAA !! 3 new BESTS right off the trailer!!!!
Boy am I ever a HAPPY PUPPY!!!!
Norwalk.....First lick off the trailer last evening,leaving off the trans brake @ 4500,the car left SO HARD that the INSTANT I released the button,I also pulled the shifter into second gear Picked the front end up a wee bit, and,the car STILL went 9.921 @ 132.88 mph hitting the 7000 rpm limiter chip!
My first ever single digit pass!
Second pass,same launch rpm,raised the upper rev chip to 7200,and I concentrated on NOT hanging onto the shifter and hitting my shift light. Wheels up about 18 inches,and carried them a pretty good distance, Car went 9.64 @138.54 mph still hitting the rev limiter on the big end Third pass,I raised the launch rpm to 4800 raised the upper limiter to 7400 rpm,and was rewarded with what was at LEAST a 2ft wheelie and it carried the tires a good 200ft or better and the car went a 9.52 @ 139.69 mph STILL hitting the rev limiter at about the 1200ft mark. I didn't think the front end was EVER gonna come down,so I hit second and she landed soft as a babies behind!!!
No leaks, engine temp stayed NICE (185-190 at the end of the runs)oil pressure stayed SWEET,I pulled a couple of plugs,all looked well so I slammed the hood and lapped it a couple more times. This thing LIKES to RPM!!

Sorry about the crappy photo,but I will be getting more off of a video that a friend took for me later on.

Driver Jim!!

First launch!!

purplepickup

Sure is nice when a plan comes together ain't it?  It looks like all those hours and busted knuckles were way worth it!  

I was watching the drags at Indy yesterday wondering how your weekend was going at Norwalk.  It's great to hear that nothing broke and you sure sound like you had a good time. :D
George

slocrow

That's great Jim!!!! Thank's for letting us in on the action. I too was wondering how Fri went. That's a pretty good top end number, you're making some horsepower and getting it to the ground. What rear gear are you running, please? ....................Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

SKR8PN

It is a 9 inch Ford, 4 link, with 4:56 gears and 31x16.50-15 tires.

Every time I think of how GOOD that last pass felt...........well,you get the idea :lol:

EMSjunkie

Thats gotta be a rush.  8)

congrats on a successful first outing.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****