Cal Air Resources Board wants to crush our cars again

Started by hotrodbob, June 05, 2006, 02:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrodbob

All you California guys gotta let your state reps know your feelings about crushing cars. The state is at it again. We need to let 'em know they can't get our cars.

Since most of our cars do not have smog crap on them they will show up as a gross polluter.

ARB staff will hold a second workshop to discuss updates to ARB's
voluntary accelerated vehicle retirement (VAVR) regulations at
the following time and place:

June 29, 2006
1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
California Air Resources Board
Monitoring and Laboratory Division
Conference Room
1927 13th Street (13th and T)
Sacramento, California 95814

The workshop notice and agenda are posted on the ARB's VAVR web
page at:  http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/avrp/MSC06-09.pdf

Regulatory changes will primarily focus on incorporating the use
of remote sensing devises (RSD) as an additional means of
identifying higher emitting vehicles as possible candidates for
voluntary retirement.  At the workshop, ARB staff will present
regulatory concepts and address questions raised at the first
workshop.  ARB staff plans to post materials for the workshop on
its web site on or about June 19, 2006.  Another list serve
notice will be sent out when the materials have been posted.

For more information, contact Andrew Panson at
apanson@arb.ca.gov or (916) 323-2881 or Tom Roemer at
troemer@arb.ca.gov or (916) 322-1520.
Hotrodbob
Have Mouth, Will Travel.
http://www.bob-beck-motorsportsannouncing.com/

38HAULR

Hi Hotrodbob. Looks like you guys take a real hammering from the greeny establishment,we have issues too,like the clean up of good tin for the crusher in our rural areas,with the price of steel ,makes it tempting for property owners with large stashes to comply.Regarding the air issue and vehicle emissions.LPG [I think you guys use the term propane] is recognised as a clean fuel. Here in the state of Victoria where I live ,it is an offence to tamper with or remove emission control devices from vehicles fitted with such devices. These are vehicles that comply with applicable ADR,s [Aust. Design Rules] and mainly apply to vehicles manufactured from late 70,s. We actually can rip this stuff out of the vehicle,carbon cannisters and,all the plumbing crap that hangs off the engine,by putting the vehicle on straight LPG. My son actually was grabbed during a random vehicle check,that our Police do,usually targeting young drivers and looking for defects. He got a hard time until he showed them the blanking plate on the block where the fuel pump used to be, and under the rear of the vehicle no petrol tank. They sent him on his way,the vehicle was dedicated LPG, had he been operating dual fuel ,which many do,he would have been obliged to maintain all emission equipment........Frank.

hotrodbob

We have simular rules here. However, we do not have to do a smog check on cars that were built prior to 1974.

The Greenies are after them though. My newest is a '71. The other 3 are '63, '48 and '29. If they get anything passed our government that effects our old stuff SEMA will be after them. We have defeated them in the past and will due battle as needed to save our cars. Problem is, this goes on in other states and is not publisized so it goes un-noticed until it's almost to late. There are 6+ states here that have the same California standards, but not the organized following we have to fight it.

I'm part of the SEMA action committee and send this stuff out to hundreds of car people here in the states to keep them aware.

We can use LPG and other alternative fuels as well, but they must have a state or federal certification.

Gotta get down your way sometime. That's one of my goals. Wanna take in your rodding season.
Hotrodbob
Have Mouth, Will Travel.
http://www.bob-beck-motorsportsannouncing.com/