One more time, posting pictures

Started by sal37, June 05, 2006, 11:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sal37

I want to post a pic or two but don't know how to do it.  Does any one have a link to some instructions please.

Steve

enjenjo

To post a picture, click on "browse" in "add an attachment" on the "post a reply" screen. Find the picture on your computer, and click open, it should appear in the attachment box. click "add attachment", and it should be on your post.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

sal37

Thanks Frank
That sounds easier than I had anticipated :lol:  :lol:

Steve

slocrow

sal37; Remember you've got to reduce the pic size down for it to be accepted. 400X300 is best, no bigger, I think.........Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Charlie Chops 1940

500x375 usually works on here.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

slocrow

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"500x375 usually works on here.

Charlie

Charlie, That's 67,000 bits over the supposed 120 limit or a 56% bump. You must be using NOS.
Have a good Indy..............Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Charlie Chops 1940

hmmm, seemed like that was the number, but my last pic had to be made smaller.
Oh well.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Fat Cat

Quote from: "slocrow"
Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"500x375 usually works on here.

Charlie

Charlie, That's 67,000 bits over the supposed 120 limit or a 56% bump. You must be using NOS.
Have a good Indy..............Frank

You are confusing 2 different values that are specs for image posting. The first is image dimension in length and width. That value is 550x500 pixels. Images must be smaller than this for attachment. The other is image file size. This limit is 120KB. If either of these are over those limits the image will not be uploaded.

I originally set up this page http://www.roddingroundtable.com/dcforum/faqs/picture.html on the old software we were using so some of the file sizes one image dimensions are wrong now. But the explanations are technically correct