Don and his 32 are in the Rodders Journal #32

Started by WZ JUNK, June 02, 2006, 07:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

I had been trying to purchase issue #32 of the Rodders Journal.   A friend brought a copy by the shop today.  I was thumbing through the issue and suddenly there is an article about Don and his roadster.  Nice shots of Don and his car and a great issue in general.  I still have not found my own copy but I imagine I will purchase one at Indy next week.

John
http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/hooley/hooley-2005.html
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Uncle Bob

You're right!  Great double size issue.  Looks like the hot rod world is gearing up to beat the 75th anniversary of the Deuce to death.  Glad I love 'em!

This must be Don's month.  His A coupe is also pictured in R&C in their promo for Americruise.  Must be a shot from Ego-Rama as he's doing a major brake slide.   8)
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

slocrow

That may be one of the few times we see Don without his famous sombrero. His body work and paint matching scenario leaves little to be desired, including what looks like a well matched lip ding in the new trunk lid.
Always nice to get ink. Way to go Don.................

My RJ copy arrived today, beat up bad. It looks like it was packed that way as the container was fine. I'm calling Monday, Humbug...........Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Carps

Got my copy last week, it's the only US based mag that arrives in Oz before it gets to the US rather than three months later.

Don's deuce looks as much better today than it did sitting in the shed it was dragged from, although it did look pretty good then.   :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

SKR8PN

Congrats Don!!
It is always a good feeling to be recognised for all your hard work!
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Gilles

There is also a small photo of Don's roadster in the last "Nitro", a french magazine specialized in american cars, in a report on the Twilight cruise.

Gilles :)

DRD57

I'm still amazed that the raggediest looking car I ever put together got coverage in the most prestigious publication of our hobby.

It was interesting watching Coonan do the photo shoot. He probably took 10 - 15 rolls of film to get those that were selected for publication. Some of them were shot in the dark with 30+ second exposures.

Carps

Always good to watch a master at work.  Beats the heck out of me how any of my pics ever turn out.   :wink:

How ya doin dude?
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Brootal

That's old news. I got my copy over two weeks ago. Unfortunately I only had time to flick through before heading to Europe. NO WAY I was going to take it with me and risk it getting all beaten up.

I'll have to wait a couple of months before having a proper read. :)

Did you give Steve a peek at the Cadillac?
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com