more 32 roadster progress

Started by nzsimon, June 10, 2006, 12:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzsimon

I have never really been happy with the headlight brackets I made even though they looked good and were shiny stainless they just looked a bit agrcultural so I started again
some bits of stainless tube a couple of bends and I had the makings of an idea I also built in a place to put the Harley indicators as I had no idea where I was going to put them

tigged all the bends together and a lot of welding for such a small item
I can't bolt the headlights on yet as the Harley davidson lights need a 3/8 unf thread in the bottom and I need to change the one they came with to a cap screw to fit inside the tube
The lights fit onto the top of the tube where I hade to weld the small flat
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

nzsimon

here is the latest mostly together pic almost time to tear it down and build it properly and paint everything

nzsimon

I went down to the chandlery shop at the marina where I live and they had no 3/8 unf cap screws so I got some ordinary bolts and ground the heads round and slotted them then bolted the lights on may replace later with some stainless cap screws may not as this works just fine and you can't see them anyway

Bib_Overalls

Simon,

You have been building you 32 for about as long as I have been a member here.  I'm glad you are closing in on paint.  But I am going to miss your update posts.  Everything you do is well thought out and impressively executed.

What are you going to do when this one is on the road?
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Anonymous

Very nice Simon.

Do you have a side view of the car showing the exhaust system?

nzsimon

Here is the side view Jay thanks Bib that is very kind I will probably just keep pulling it to bits and improving things I have a plan for a hard top and a soft top but want to get it on the road first
thinking of taking the fibreglass roof from a 3 window and adapting it to fit I also have some stainless tube put aside for the soft top

Anonymous

Thanks Simon.

I've been thinking of something similar to what you've done.
Looks very nice.

Here's a mockup - sorta....

nzsimon

Yeah that looks cool I think the whole block hugger dissappearing exhaust has been done to death it should scream hotrod not murmur it quietly

My headers in my head were going to way more a bunch of snakes but my skill level didn't match my imagination so they came out sort of plain but I am happy with the look