what if?

Started by tomslik, May 28, 2006, 04:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomslik

The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

GPster

Quote from: "tomslik"nhra let older bodies in aa/fc?i could stand watching again...
I mis-understood, I thought you meant as a driver so you could do more than just watch. GPster

tomslik

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "tomslik"nhra let older bodies in aa/fc?i could stand watching again...
I mis-understood, I thought you meant as a driver so you could do more than just watch. GPster

ohhhh, wise guy, eh? :lol:

purplepickup

There's a couple of things that don't seem right about that auction.  It says it's "Ready for race day" but there's no mention of the drivetrain or pictures of the chassis or inside.  I know that if I was trying to sell a Phunny car I'd at least show it with the body up and talk a little bit about the meat and potatoes of the car.  Him  telling me it's "pearl white lacquer boasting the classic Shelby stripes, accented by ghost graphics along the flanks." isn't exactly going to make me want to buy it. :?   I'd guess there isn't any running gear.

If you have $70K laying around you could get one of these and have a fun Pro Mod car.

George

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "purplepickup"There's a couple of things that don't seem right about that auction.  It says it's "Ready for race day" but there's no mention of the drivetrain or pictures of the chassis or inside.  I know that if I was trying to sell a Phunny car I'd at least show it with the body up and talk a little bit about the meat and potatoes of the car.  
quote]

I agree with you George. looks like the drivetrain and chassis. thats what makes it a Phunny car, not the paint job. :?

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

tomslik

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
Quote from: "purplepickup"There's a couple of things that don't seem right about that auction.  It says it's "Ready for race day" but there's no mention of the drivetrain or pictures of the chassis or inside.  I know that if I was trying to sell a Phunny car I'd at least show it with the body up and talk a little bit about the meat and potatoes of the car.  
quote]

I agree with you George. looks like the drivetrain and chassis. thats what makes it a Phunny car, not the paint job. :?

Vance

i think you guys missed my point ...
i could give a chit about the auction and it wouldn't be legal for promod anyway but i REALLY like the concept :roll:

donsrods

I sent him an email and said " if it is ready to race, tell us about the engine transmission, etc."

I agree, the ad is really lame and evasive.

Don

donsrods

Today I got an answer from the seller to my question. Here is his actual reply.

ready to race is the inferance that it has been certified, read on and you will see it has no engine or trans

I reread the ad several times, and can't see one word about no engine or trans. Maybe I;m just blind.

Don