Steering column ID

Started by Jbird, May 29, 2006, 09:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbird

I've had this column for a couple of years. I can't remember what it came out of. But I think it would be right nice in my 68 chevy PU. Here's a couple of pics, Hoping someone can ID it so I can get a T/S switch for it. It's a GM column. I took the old T/S switch to NAPA hoping they could match it up but had no luck. TIA for any help   Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

enjenjo

That looks like a 75 or so Chevy Van column.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Jokester

The original GM switches have a little paper tag wrapped around the wires.  The four digit number on the tag are the last four digits in the OE part number.  Get a Napa buyer's guide and page through until you find one that matches.  Or post them here and I'll try to look them up for you tomorrow.

.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

Jbird

Frank wins, Jokester probably woulda won too if the old switch still had the tag on it. 75-79 GM van. The regular T/S switch is about 23 bucks from NAPA, the one for this column was 55 bucks. What the hey, it's only money. I'm actually makin progress on this truck I'll post some picks in the next few days. Thanks again, dooods.  Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance